Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Re-watching Reign of Fire on Amazon. Either forgot or didn't realize it was set in 2020

Dragons wouldn't have been all that surprising lol

Didn’t know they released a 4k version of Black Hawk Down. Can’t tell if there’s been anything added from the original release years ago

TheNightingale2019.jpg

I just checked this shit out... Yoooo.... This shit was wild..

This is the second film by Director Jennifer Kent. If you are a fan of horror, you may know her for her directorial debut, "The Babadook". If you havent seen that film for some reason, go watch that shit.

After the major success of Babadook, Kent naturally started to get blown up with offers from American studios for her second film to be released through them, but she declined all offers because she was passionate about this film to be made.

This isnt exactly a horror film. I would probably call it more of a Western, or maybe a thriller. I dont know really. What i do know is it was fucking crazy.

The film takes place in the 1800s Tasmania, back when it was under British Rule as a colony. The british were there and had their prisons set up for Convicts, both Irish and british, but were also fighting "The Black War" which is called that because the war was against that Aborigines native to the country.

The film follows Clare, an Irish Convict who works under British Soldiers. The General who rules over the town/compound is up for a promotion and wants to make a good impression on his captain coming to visit. Clare is abused by this general and her husband confronts the general. Ultimately leading the the general not getting his promotion then goes back to get revenge and Clare and her family suffer a very violent attack which results in the Death of her Husband and Newborn Child.

The general and his men decide to head North to the town that was supposed to be where he was stationed if he got the promotion.

Clare Wakes up and sees her family dead. Decides to get her revenge. She is introduced to an aboriginal tracker who goes by Billy. Billy takes her through the wilds to lead her to the soldiers that killed her family. The beginning of their journey is very tense due to racial tensions of the time. Over the days, they begin to bond discussing one anothers hardships.

Probably shared too much, but its a dope, very graphically violent film. Highly recommend if you're a fan of the director. She kills it again.

You can watch in on Hulu if you got it, or just go steal that shit. Pretty graphic scenes of rape and violence, but a great intense story.

TheNightingale2019.jpg

I just checked this shit out... Yoooo.... This shit was wild..

This is the second film by Director Jennifer Kent. If you are a fan of horror, you may know her for her directorial debut, "The Babadook". If you havent seen that film for some reason, go watch that shit.

After the major success of Babadook, Kent naturally started to get blown up with offers from American studios for her second film to be released through them, but she declined all offers because she was passionate about this film to be made.

This isnt exactly a horror film. I would probably call it more of a Western, or maybe a thriller. I dont know really. What i do know is it was fucking crazy.

The film takes place in the 1800s Tasmania, back when it was under British Rule as a colony. The british were there and had their prisons set up for Convicts, both Irish and british, but were also fighting "The Black War" which is called that because the war was against that Aborigines native to the country.

The film follows Clare, an Irish Convict who works under British Soldiers. The General who rules over the town/compound is up for a promotion and wants to make a good impression on his captain coming to visit. Clare is abused by this general and her husband confronts the general. Ultimately leading the the general not getting his promotion then goes back to get revenge and Clare and her family suffer a very violent attack which results in the Death of her Husband and Newborn Child.

The general and his men decide to head North to the town that was supposed to be where he was stationed if he got the promotion.

Clare Wakes up and sees her family dead. Decides to get her revenge. She is introduced to an aboriginal tracker who goes by Billy. Billy takes her through the wilds to lead her to the soldiers that killed her family. The beginning of their journey is very tense due to racial tensions of the time. Over the days, they begin to bond discussing one anothers hardships.

Probably shared too much, but its a dope, very graphically violent film. Highly recommend if you're a fan of the director. She kills it again.

You can watch in on Hulu if you got it, or just go steal that shit. Pretty graphic scenes of rape and violence, but a great intense story.

Well I don't want to watch it now.

Tf?

The-Woman-in-the-Window-1.jpg

The woman in the window was hard, just didnt think there would be enough discussion about it to warrant a thread

its just a quick lil whodunit with a crazy lady......had some funny parts but the story was played out well, it kept my attention the whole time

easy to watch....no too deep or inticate but also not clumsy.....good company or date film

Back