Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Watched death stroke: knights and dragons.

thought it was decent.

storytelling and character building in the DC animated world needs to transfer to their live films cus they kill all aspects in the animated films.

Watched death stroke: knights and dragons.

thought it was decent.

storytelling and character building in the DC animated world needs to transfer to their live films cus they kill all aspects in the animated films.
I peeped that one recently too. I think I’ve basically watched almost all DC animated movies now thanks to HBO Max.

I have realized though they did use a lot of the animated storylines in the movies. They just didn’t do it nearly as well, lol.

I would give I Care A Lot 0/10 stars. Terrible movie. Heavy handed girl power bullshit. Like this random scam artist is going to become some black ops assassin and kidnap the crime boss. So stupid. She should have been shot and killed in the first 10 min and saved everyone the trouble of watching it.

One of the best films I've seen of recent... Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange.

Movie-poster-A-Clockwork-Orange-Stanley-Kubrick.jpg

It really effectively uses the absurd and surreal to explore its themes of control, surveillance, authoritarianism, desensitization and institutionalization.

It's almost like a fever dream. Violent, sexual, intense, disturbing, bewildering.. And yet grounded in enough symbolism and human nature to make it fully apparent it's surrealist exposition of society is all too real.

Last edited:
One of the best films I've seen of recent... Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange.

View attachment 477781

It really effectively uses the absurd and surreal to explore its themes of control, surveillance, authoritarianism, desensitization and institutionalization.

It's almost like a fever dream. Violent, sexual, intense, disturbing, bewildering.. And yet grounded in enough symbolism and human nature to make it fully apparent it's surrealist exposition of society is all too real.
Been meaning to watch this for years. Guess I’ll check it out this weekend finally. Thanks for the reminder.

CHERRY

Sometimes sweet ,sometimes bitter

PRAISE : Directors Anthony Russo and Joe Russo and writers Angela Russo-Otstot and Jessica Goldberg's story of journey of a disenfranchised young man from Ohio who meets the love of his life, only to risk losing her through a series of bad decisions and challenging life circumstances is at times a thrilling,darkly comic and harrowing experience.Great perfomances from the leads Tom Holland as Cherry, a fictional character based on former army soldier and former drug addict-turned-author Nico Walker.Ciara Bravo as his girlfriend Emily.
Some of the images in the film are not for the faint of heart in this journey through war,loss,addiction and love.

PROBLEMS : At times the movie attempts to bury basic been there done that story threads with stylishness.
Sometimes the switch in styles took me out of the film.Then there's the pacing which is hard to take at times with to many dwelling moments and stalled dialogue.15 minutes definitely could have been cut from the movie.

Scale of 1-10 a 7

Zack Snyder's Justice League

Snyder Released ! !

PRAISE: I'm all for seeing a Director and writers full vision of their work. I almost literally turned cartwheels when I watched uncut versions of The Godfather and Once Upon a Time in America.
has a different vibe because it's what the fans of Snyder wanted..
It's what Snyder wanted until he was sadly sidelined by a personal tragedy

This is almost a completely different film.It has a different rhythm and look.
The Villain Steppenwolf has been transformed into a more intimidating character.
It is made evident that Cyborg definitely got short changed in the 2017 film.
The Snyder Cut allows more character development. I felt like I was watching a motion version of the DC History of Comics in certain scenes.Some action sequences felt sharper and more involving,different and extended.
If you were looking for an R rated comic film this year well here it is.
Things I can't deny about Snyder his dedication to full visual adaptation of a graphic novel/comic .He can direct the hell out of an action sequence,and his eye for detail and its all on full display in this movie.
In the end i was left wondering what Snyder would have and could have done with these great characters.

PROBLEMS: Some of the inserted CGI looked a bit choppy.The song placement was kind of laughable as some scenes played. One scene inclusion wasn't really necessary it was truly fan service with a capital F.There is a small bit of a hollow feel around the edges of the movie.

Scale of 1-10 an 8½

Back