Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Lovebirds on Netflix was funny as fuck! Lol.

Had low expectations for it, but Point Blank on Netflix actually ended up being really good as well.

Watched Only on Netflix
Interesting story. Took me a bit to figure out what was going on
She was selfish for taking off the biohazard suit IMO. Can't imagine what the guy felt seeing her do that. I understand she was likely suffering from extreme isolation but she's got to think about what it's doing to him as well.
I wasn't sure what the father and son wanted her for until the father mentioned repopulation. If she's infected and dying in like a week how is she going to give birth?
That's got to mess with your head being in that chat room with other women and watching them all basically die so I see why she wanted freedom but still. She didn't think of him and what losing her would do to him
My nigga I was so mad. She was selfish af.

Watching meet joe black and this scene just made me ctfu.

fac97e19a39dd87ce092151cb83d948e.jpg

malcolmxlghb5.jpg

After about 15 years i decided to watch this on dvd again.

I was basically a kid the last time i watched this. As a kid, i fucking loved this movie. But now as a adult i have a more objective view of it. Its still a great movie, in my alltime top 5 and Denzel deserved a oscar (tho it bugs me that denzel doesn't look like malcolm, of course Denzel cant control that)

Couple issues...

Spike completely made up the baines character (man who introduced malcolm to the noi in prison). Intead it was letters from his siblings that introduced malcolm to the noi. That kind of annoyed me.

In the movie they claim betty was already a member of the noi when she met malcolm, she wasn't.

imo spike lee should not have played shorty. He should have let another actor play the role.

They left out the fact that it was Elijah's son who told malcolm about Elijah's extramarital affairs. And hearing it from Elijah's own son made him go and speak to the women, to hear their stories for himself.

There were also other things the noi was doing n not doing that made malcolm upset. That futher added to the divide between he and Elijah.

But im sure due to time, he couldn't add that extra stuff. The movie is already 3 1/2 hours.

Overall this movie is dope af. Even tho its long af, it breezes by. Pacing is great. It gives equal time to malcolm b4 the noi, during it and after the noi.

Ofcourse the noi and malcolm have a very complicated relationship. And yes, its common knowledge the noi did kill malcolm and its very likely the fbi or cia were aware of the hit b4 hand. Whether or not Elijah gave the direct order, i cant say. But the negative way Elijah was speaking of malcolm b4 and after his death didnt help the matter.

Thug tears was still on deck when ossie Davis starts his eulogy at the end. Powerful ending.

Imma check out the Netflix doc on malcolm now. Even tho we already kno killed malcolm

Last edited:
malcolmxlghb5.jpg

After about 15 years i decided to watch this on dvd again.

I was basically a kid the last time i watched this. As a kid, i fucking loved this movie. But now as a adult i have a more objective view of it. Its still a great movie, in my alltime top 5 and Denzel deserved a oscar (tho it bugs me that denzel doesn't look like malcolm, of course Denzel cant control that)

Couple issues...

Spike completely made up the baines character (man who introduced malcolm to the noi in prison). Intead it was letters from his siblings that introduced malcolm to the noi. That kind of annoyed me.

In the movie they claim betty was already a member of the noi when she met malcolm, she wasn't.

imo spike lee should not have played shorty. He should have let another actor play the role.

They left out the fact that it was Elijah's son who told malcolm about Elijah's extramarital affairs. And hearing it from Elijah's own son made him go and speak to the women, to hear their stories for himself.

There were also other things the noi was doing n not doing that made malcolm upset. That futher added to the divide between he and Elijah.

But im sure due to time, he couldn't add that extra stuff. The movie is already 3 1/2 hours.

Overall this movie is dope af. Even tho its long af, it breezes by. Pacing is great. It gives equal time to malcolm b4 the noi, during it and after the noi.

Ofcourse the noi and malcolm have a very complicated relationship. And yes, its common knowledge the noi did kill malcolm and its very likely the fbi or cia were aware of the hit b4 hand. Whether or not Elijah gave the direct order, i cant say. But the negative way Elijah was speaking of malcolm b4 and after his death didnt help the matter.

Thug tears was still on deck when ossie Davis starts his eulogy at the end. Powerful ending.

Imma check out the Netflix doc on malcolm now. Even tho we already kno killed malcolm
Had to skip a lot of this post because I’m reading the book now. I’ll come back once done, but agree with your first couple of points.

Be real this was a black american beating the odds while once again draggin a lame weak white dude to the top with him. Dang near dropped a tear from laughing so hard. Childhood nostalgia.

Accidentally posted this in the TV thread

Next up in the movies I should have watched years ago series...Taxi Driver

Decent flick...was this the first incel protagonist in a film?

Accidentally posted this in the TV thread

Next up in the movies I should have watched years ago series...Taxi Driver

Decent flick...was this the first incel protagonist in a film?

Think they said that cat who tried to take out Regan was infatuated wit’ Jody Foster from this movie...idk why that’s important just thought I’d share lol

Think they said that cat who tried to take out Regan was infatuated wit’ Jody Foster from this movie...idk why that’s important just thought I’d share lol

Yea, kinda seem like Travis Bickle started the incel wave. To me it was a good but not great film, but I’m sure it was empowering to a lot of loser ass mfs.

Yea, kinda seem like Travis Bickle started the incel wave. To me it was a good but not great film, but I’m sure it was empowering to a lot of loser ass mfs.

Yeah...those late 70’s-early 80’s really started to separate tha haves from tha have nots and tha elitists started making themselves more known (not too long after “yuppies” became popular)...war vets and hippies were looked down upon after having more of a following tha years before that...so it’s only right that these groups would start to “rebel” or act out

Back