Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion is taking ownership of the words "thot" and "hoe"

Also it should be noted that telling a woman "that's why you won't get married" is also another stupid insult niggas use because A. Not every woman wants to or desires being married and B. Unless you speaking for every man out there there's always some nigga out there who will break his neck to give a woman what she wants whether you personally think she's worthy of it or not.

It's like part of the pushback on this is dudes realizing their words don't have the power over women they once held and are fighting to maintain that. Like "oh so being called a hoe don't hurt your feelings? Why not? You must be one then."

wouldnt do that....and i know its pretty rampant

i can say that on our end, sometimes its overlooked as being a bad thing because of so much other shit we generalize

we could be telling a story about a white man but call him a nigga......which is sometimes used for male period

hoe or bitch would be the opposite but said with the same weight

doesnt make the shit cool i just dont want ya'll to hear youngins talking like that and think they hate women....they dont

but we gotta be better about checking the shit
I see what you're trying to do but...

Listen...that shit is rooted in hate...just like the n-word is rooted in hate/racism

It's ALL phucked up and needs to be checked

You and I have even spoken once about how our perception of things/people is/can be influenced by what/how we speak

Words are *not* just words or we wouldn't be *here*

If it’s a issue, it needs to be addressed and fix.

So saying who does the things is the only way to fix it. If don’t care to say names it’s no need to even bring it up.

The issue has been brought up in multiple threads over years now. Like I said that ain't the 1st time I've said it or another poster has said it. If niggas wanted to fix it then it would've been done by now

The issue has been brought up in multiple threads over years now. Like I said that ain't the 1st time I've said it or another poster has said it. If niggas wanted to fix it then it would've been done by now
Okay.

Also it should be noted that telling a woman "that's why you won't get married" is also another stupid insult niggas use because A. Not every woman wants to or desires being married and B. Unless you speaking for every man out there there's always some nigga out there who will break his neck to give a woman what she wants whether you personally think she's worthy of it or not.

It's like part of the pushback on this is dudes realizing their words don't have the power over women they once held and are fighting to maintain that. Like "oh so being called a hoe don't hurt your feelings? Why not? You must be one then."

420332A5-45A6-4A1E-A728-113DAA94F1C4.gif

I see what you're trying to do but...

Listen...that shit is rooted in hate...just like the n-word is rooted in hate/racism

It's ALL phucked up and needs to be checked

You and I have even spoken once about how our perception of things/people is/can be influenced by what/how we speak

Words are *not* just words or we wouldn't be *here*

aight bet....i cant argue that

how do you feel about older terms like "broad" and "old lady" and shit like that? to be clear im not searching for ok terms im wanting to know if you feel like it ALL comes from a place of hating women

how do you feel about older terms like "broad" and "old lady" and shit like that? to be clear im not searching for ok terms im wanting to know if you feel like it ALL comes from a place of hating women

Old lady has negative origins attached to them?

*I* despise those terms as well...they come from a place of disrespect for sure...could also be rooted in hate

I've used the word "broad" and when I did, it wasn't in the spirit of "sisterhood" or "affection"...I was being disrespectful toward a certain woman(en)

Not proud...but I'm being honest

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
some women dont like it, but i dont know exactly why.....trying to clear it up here lol

edit: well there we go

my mama hates all that shit btw

honestly, i cant see women saying “yo thats my thot right there”

or “what up hoee!!!!”
like no 😭😭😭😭😭

for the majority of women, we r just tired of being called hoes and sluts. thats it.

and the only way to lessen the power of these words because they arent going anywhere, is to reappropriate their meanings

so if i had a daughter who came to me and said “ma someone called me a hoe”

i would say “when you hear that term what does it mean to you or how does it make you feel?” and then begin to unpack its meaning and go into how “hoe” and “thot” has 0 bearing on ones value or sexual prowess

hoping to the draw the conclusion that the end of the day some words are just words.

like boys were calling me hoe because i was big breasted and friendly. i hadnt even fucked yet or seen a dick.

my grandmother use to call me “over-sexed” and i hadnt even had sex yet 😭😭😭😭

i wish someone had helped me unpack the shame i felt from those words early on

working in education, with 9 yr olds i hear these terms. boys who havent engaged in sex calling their girl peers a hoe because she sat at the lunch table with someone else

😭😭😭😭 like wtf

so the words are here right? in all their meaning and pretenses but nobody is speaking on the psychological damage those words may have on young girls

so what meg is saying or implying rather is that hey if someone calls you hoe, so what?

like now in adulthood if someone called me a hoe i’d probably laugh at them or be like “ok and?”

i think the focus should be on lessening the shame surronding these words

and that is not to say “embrace” them or “glorify” them but to not let it affect you or cause you to have lopsided ideas on your on sex and sexuality.
Ether

the “modest” woman is pedstaled in society but men love “hoes”

this is history. this is culture

Niggas never wanted modest women. That's one of the biggest lies ever.

At best, dudes want a sexually responsible chick that knows how to conceal her freak under the guise of class.

But if we're being real, a lot of these niggas don't even require that much from the women they check for.

Niggas never wanted modest women. That's one of the biggest lies ever.

At best, dudes want a sexually responsible chick that knows how to conceal her freak under the guise of class.

But if we're being real, a lot of these niggas don't even require that much from the women they check for.

Depends on what your goals in life are. A lot of folks select their S/O based…..

That’s another topic for another day.

Back