Welcome To aBlackWeb

MC Serch Reveals He Can't Sleep At Night And Sees A Shrink 3 Days A Week Because Hammer Hoe'd Him Ou

Hammer was obviously ready to be seen about anything he said though. You can never tell a man how he should react to disrespect.

That's the point though: There was no disrespect... And Hammer still doesn't get it to this day. It was a slick ass play on album titles and anyone with sense knew that. I "got it" the first time I heard it back then.

That's the point though: There was no disrespect... And Hammer still doesn't get it to this day. It was a slick ass play on album titles and anyone with sense knew that. I "got it" the first time I heard it back then.

There was disrespect. It just wasn't meant to be taken the way it was taken. This is the risk you take when disrespecting someone. They don't have to view the disrespect in the way that you intended it to be viewed. They were trying to be disrespectful on some MC isht for petty reasons and stepped into some real isht. Watch what you say to people that you don't know.

There was disrespect. It just wasn't meant to be taken the way it was taken. This is the risk you take when disrespecting someone. They don't have to view the disrespect in the way that you intended it to be viewed. They were trying to be disrespectful on some MC isht for petty reasons and stepped into some real isht. Watch what you say to people that you don't know.

So all the disses Hammer handed out over the years, Run DMC, Jay Z, ATCQ, etc... All them dudes shoulda came to see his ass with guns out, right?

So all the disses Hammer handed out over the years, Run DMC, Jay Z, ATCQ, etc... All them dudes shoulda came to see his ass with guns out, right?

If that's how they chose to respond, then he would have had to deal with that. He was obviously willing to with all the stories of him seeming to confront, or try to confront, those that he felt got out of line.

Honestly, that reaction was kinda retarded on Hammer's part. It's like when you say something to someone using a word they don't understand, and instead of trying to figure out what the word means, they instantly get mad and want to fight.

You got to be careful when insulting any dude's mom because you don't know how to react. But I don't know how anyone with a brain couldn't have seen that that line wasn't a literal diss to Hammer's mom, but a play on the words from Hammer's song. On top of that, Hammer always rolled deep, he could have just seen them dudes and whooped their ass if he was offended. Calling a hit was way over the top.

If that's how they chose to respond, then he would have had to deal with that. He was obviously willing to with all the stories of him seeming to confront, or try to confront, those that he felt got out of line.

I see it like this: Hammer can dish it out but he ain't built to take it himself.

I see it like this: Hammer can dish it out but he ain't built to take it himself.

I see it as Hammer was really with the shit and wasn't going for any disrespect. If people allowed him to disrespect them with no get back, that's on them. Hammer, obviously, wasn't goin for it. Redman said he politely checked him for the disrespect so it seems like the "white guys" being disrespectful was taken a little differently. It is what it is. Don't disrespect any man you're not willing to see. Period.

I see it as Hammer was really with the shit and wasn't going for any disrespect. If people allowed him to disrespect them with no get back, that's on them. Hammer, obviously, wasn't goin for it. Redman said he politely checked him for the disrespect so it seems like the "white guys" being disrespectful was taken a little differently. It is what it is. Don't disrespect any man you're not willing to see. Period.

Nah, it wasn't that they were white that was the problem. It's that Hammer took the line literally as a diss to his mom. Listen to Search's story. Hammer called into a radio show specifically to bring up that point.

Honestly, that reaction was kinda retarded on Hammer's part. It's like when you say something to someone using a word they don't understand, and instead of trying to figure out what the word means, they instantly get mad and want to fight.

You got to be careful when insulting any dude's mom because you don't know how to react. But I don't know how anyone with a brain couldn't have seen that that line wasn't a literal diss to Hammer's mom, but a play on the words from Hammer's song. On top of that, Hammer always rolled deep, he could have just seen them dudes and whooped their ass if he was offended. Calling a hit was way over the top.

See that's the other part of it too: Search spoke about being on KDAY and when Hammer called in and Serch said "... Why don't you man up and see me face-to-face so we can figure this out..." that's PRECISELY what Hammer should have done. You got goons, that's all well and good, but this is about you being a man at this point, come see that dude you got issues with face to face and either hash it out or scrap and be done with it. Putting a hit out on someone over lyrics on a record is some straight up hoe-nigga shit. And because this ain't the first time anyone has heard about Hammer and how he gets down I 100% believe Serch about it.

Nah, it wasn't that they were white that was the problem. It's that Hammer took the line literally as a diss to his mom. Listen to Search's story. Hammer called into a radio show specifically to bring up that point.

I'm not taking Serch's story as the gospel. I believe the story. But only Hammer knows why he took it to the level that he did. It may be simply because they mentioned "his mom". If so, it is what it is. We'll only ever hear the one side because Hammer claims it didn't happen. Regardless, Hammer took the disrespect the way he took it. That's the think about disrespect, you don't get to choose how it's received.

I live by a simple rule: I do not disrespect any man that I'm not ready to get down with or worse. Period. If I disrespect you in anyway, I'm expecting for you to want some kind of action as a result.

I'm not taking Serch's story as the gospel. I believe the story. But only Hammer knows why he took it to the level that he did. It may be simply because they mentioned "his mom". If so, it is what it is. We'll only ever hear the one side because Hammer claims it didn't happen. Regardless, Hammer took the disrespect the way he took it. That's the think about disrespect, you don't get to choose how it's received.

I live by a simple rule: I do not disrespect any man that I'm not ready to get down with or worse. Period. If I disrespect you in anyway, I'm expecting for you to want some kind of action as a result.

I feel you to some extent, but bitch moves are bitch moves. If you got to a basketball court where you know a lot of shit talking takes place and you choose to play there, you're accepting what comes with it. You can't get mad and want to fight every time someone clowns you. Serch's point was that Hip Hop was like that back then. It was a competitive sport. People threw barbs at each other all the time. Hammer was in the Hip Hop game. He should have been able to roll with the punches a little bit. I'm not saying he couldn't have been mad if he felt disrespected, but taking things to the level Hammer supposedly did was overboard.

That said, Oakland rappers seem to have a lot of estrogen in their blood in general when it comes to other rappers. I remember the story about E-40 putting some goons on Biggie all because Biggie said he was wack in an interview. I know some cats look at that as Boss shit, but to me that's bitch shit.

I feel you to some extent, but bitch moves are bitch moves. If you got to a basketball court where you know a lot of shit talking takes place and you choose to play there, you're accepting what comes with it. You can't get mad and want to fight every time someone clowns you. Serch's point was that Hip Hop was like that back then. It was a competitive sport. People threw barbs at each other all the time. Hammer was in the Hip Hop game. He should have been able to roll with the punches a little bit. I'm not saying he couldn't have been mad if he felt disrespected, but taking things to the level Hammer supposedly did was overboard.

That said, Oakland rappers seem to have a lot of estrogen in their blood in general when it comes to other rappers. I remember the story about E-40 putting some goons on Biggie all because Biggie said he was wack in an interview. I know some cats look at that as Boss shit, but to me that's bitch shit.

First off, 40 isn't from Oakland. Second, Redman has an interview in this thread stating that rappers went and saw each other over disses all the time. We just weren't aware of it. So don't try to make this out to be something that was strange and not Hip Hop. Different niggas move differently. Just like you don't get at people that aren't your friends the same way you get at your friends. Once you start dealing with someone unfamiliar, you should act accordingly or be prepared for whatever comes.

First off, 40 isn't from Oakland. Second, Redman has an interview in this thread stating that rappers went and saw each other over disses all the time. We just weren't aware of it. So don't try to make this out to be something that was strange and not Hip Hop. Different niggas move differently. Just like you don't get at people that aren't your friends the same way you get at your friends. Once you start dealing with someone unfamiliar, you should act accordingly or be prepared for whatever comes.

Read what I said bruh, seeing someone over a diss is fine. The point here is that Hammer DIDN'T go see them over that diss. He put a hit out on them. If you don't like what someone said and you want to confront them over it, cool. However, having some other people kill them because you were too cowardly to see them is some bitch shit.

I didn't know 40 wasn't from Oakland. I know he's always repping that and Vallejo. I figured they were close enough together to be thought of as the same.

Read what I said bruh, seeing someone over a diss is fine. The point here is that Hammer DIDN'T go see them over that diss. He put a hit out on them. If you don't like what someone said and you want to confront them over it, cool. However, having some other people kill them because you were too cowardly to see them is some bitch shit.

I didn't know 40 wasn't from Oakland. I know he's always repping that and Vallejo. I figured they were close enough together to be thought of as the same.

Bosses send torpedoes every day. It's part of being a boss. Could Hammer and his crew have just waited to catch them and rushed them at that time, sure. But that's not the choice he made to deal with the disrespect.

Would I put a hit on someone over some disrespectful words? No. But that's me. And like I've said, you cannot tell a man how to react to disrespect. So don't be disrespectful if you're not ready for any and every possible response.

And 40 reps "The Bay" and Vallejo, not Oakland.

Bosses send torpedoes every day. It's part of being a boss. Could Hammer and his crew have just waited to catch them and rushed them at that time, sure. But that's not the choice he made to deal with the disrespect.

Would I put a hit on someone over some disrespectful words? No. But that's me. And like I've said, you cannot tell a man how to react to disrespect. So don't be disrespectful if you're not ready for any and every possible response.

Bruh, I get what you're saying. When you take shots at someone, you have to be prepared for the consequences. If you listen to Serch, he pretty much admits the same thing. That doesn't mean what Hammer did wasn't some bitch shit. And I still say they whole "Boss shit" is just a cover for the actions of cowards with connections. You're not a tough guy just cause you have a lot of money and know some shooters.

Bruh, it's hip hop. Dissin another MC you think is wack has always been a staple of hip hop. You trade disses on wax, drop single s, and eventually the fans say who won.

Taking it to that extreme is bitch-made. Could you imagine how fast hip hop would have been killed off if every diss ended in a murder?

Roxanne Shante or some nigga from UTFO dead?
MC Shan or someone from Boogie Down Productions dead?
LL Cool J or Kool Moe Dee dead?
LL Cool J or Ice T dead?
Run DMC or Hammer dead?
MC Lyte or Antoinette dead?

Seriously, Hammer was in his feels over this shit.

Last edited:
Bruh, it's hip hop. Dissin another MC you think is wack has always been a staple of hip hop. You trade disses on wax, drop single s, and eventually the fans say who won.

Taking it to that extreme is bitch-made. Could you imagine how fast hip hop would have been killed off if every diss ended in a murder?

Roxanne Shante or some nigga from UTFO dead?
MC Shan or someone from Boogie Down Productions dead?
LL Cool J or Kool Moe Dee dead?
LL Cool J or Ice Tee dead?
Run DMC or Hammer dead?
MC Lyte or Antoinette dead?

Seriously, Hammer was in his feels over this shit.

So Redman is full of shit and niggas wasn't getting pressed in the streets over disses? Just let me know who I am to believe.

I have no problem with what Hammer did because the results were just a couple of scared rappers and years of counseling for a sucka type cat. Now if they had got killed, I'd feel different about this decades old drama.

I'm sure the list of rappers who have had guns pulled on them is too long to list.

See what you said there??? RAPPERS saw each other. They didn't put a goddamned hit out over lyrics! They went to see the other nigga AS REAL MEN SHOULD. KRS ONE rolled up on Prince Be, Keith Murray and Redman hollered at Mobb Deep, so on and so forth.

What's really telling, though, is that of all the niggas that dissed Hammer, he chose the white boys to try to have them murdered.

The DOC and NWA dissed him, no gun play for them?
LL dissed him, but we already know Hammer couldn't see LL one-on-one ever.
ATCQ dissed him, but then Q Tip and Phife were known around the way as street goons.
Even when Redman actually said "Fuck his momma", Hammer stepped to him personally at the Yo! MTV Raps finale... But you put a hit out for the shit 3rd Bass said???

Nah b, 100% hoe shit.

See that's the other part of it too: Search spoke about being on KDAY and when Hammer called in and Serch said "... Why don't you man up and see me face-to-face so we can figure this out..." that's PRECISELY what Hammer should have done. You got goons, that's all well and good, but this is about you being a man at this point, come see that dude you got issues with face to face and either hash it out or scrap and be done with it. Putting a hit out on someone over lyrics on a record is some straight up hoe-nigga shit. And because this ain't the first time anyone has heard about Hammer and how he gets down I 100% believe Serch about it.

Is crazy that out of all the so called thugs in hip hop, hammer who was being made fun of for the funny looking pants was actually the one about that life. While other "hard core" rappers. Was out here getting smacked up n robbed n copping pleas.

Back