Welcome To aBlackWeb

1610633122828.png
Marvel's Kevin Feige earlier said the role of T'Challa won't be recast either.

When Chadwick Boseman died after a silent battle with colon cancer at the age of 43 over the summer, the future of the "Black Panther" franchise was brought into question, the main one being how the story can go on without him as T'Challa.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige recently spoke with Deadline to clear the air about a few rumors swirling around the Oscar-winning movie's highly anticipated sequel.

MORE: Chadwick Boseman's brothers open up about the actor's final days in new interview
While it was already known the role of T'Challa/Black Panther won't be recast, Feige said "we’re not going to have a CG Chadwick."

Director "Ryan Coogler is working very hard right now on the script with all the respect and love and genius that he has, which gives us great solace, so it was always about furthering the mythology and the inspiration of Wakanda," Feige continued. "There’s also the task of honoring and respecting the ongoing learnings and teachings from Chad as well."

As the Marvel boss explained at Disney's Investor Day presentation last month, Black Panther's story doesn't revolve around one person -- it explores his home and the people who live there.

"To honor the legacy that Chad helped us build through his portrayal of the King of Wakanda, we will continue to explore the world of Wakanda and all of the rich and varied characters introduced in the first film," Feige said at the time.

MORE: Robert Downey Jr. and more stars share memories of Chadwick Boseman
While details about "Black Panther 2" are still very scarce, we do know the sequel film will hit theaters July 8, 2022.

Marvel is owned by Disney, the parent company of ABC News and "Good Morning America."

Should add a note that he wont be recast for THIS film.

I fully expect to see Tchalla back on screen with a different actor and Tchalla himself will be from a different timeline or universe

I think you're right in your assumption. I think he isn't going to be in the upcoming Black Panther movie but will get re-casted for the next Black Panther and future MCU films.

Especially if many fans publicly state the same thoughts many in this thread have.

If they just going have him smile and smirk at the camera in some end credit scene. Like Thanos, which worked for the early Avengers movies, than ehhh.

He deserves a better intro than that. His first on-screen arrival should be the full 2-2 1/2 hour experience.

If they use him in BP2 it would probably be some political shit. Like he might not even be the Doom we think of in the armor and everything. They'd probably save that for the F4 movie. He would just be the leader of a rival nation.

If they use him in BP2 it would probably be some political shit. Like he might not even be the Doom we think of in the armor and everything. They'd probably save that for the F4 movie. He would just be the leader of a rival nation.

Yeah, I don't wanna see that til the FF movie.

While we're at it, I want them to go the Spiderman route and jump into them already being the FF. I don't care to see other origin story.

View attachment 441940
Marvel's Kevin Feige earlier said the role of T'Challa won't be recast either.

When Chadwick Boseman died after a silent battle with colon cancer at the age of 43 over the summer, the future of the "Black Panther" franchise was brought into question, the main one being how the story can go on without him as T'Challa.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige recently spoke with Deadline to clear the air about a few rumors swirling around the Oscar-winning movie's highly anticipated sequel.

MORE: Chadwick Boseman's brothers open up about the actor's final days in new interview
While it was already known the role of T'Challa/Black Panther won't be recast, Feige said "we’re not going to have a CG Chadwick."

Director "Ryan Coogler is working very hard right now on the script with all the respect and love and genius that he has, which gives us great solace, so it was always about furthering the mythology and the inspiration of Wakanda," Feige continued. "There’s also the task of honoring and respecting the ongoing learnings and teachings from Chad as well."

As the Marvel boss explained at Disney's Investor Day presentation last month, Black Panther's story doesn't revolve around one person -- it explores his home and the people who live there.

"To honor the legacy that Chad helped us build through his portrayal of the King of Wakanda, we will continue to explore the world of Wakanda and all of the rich and varied characters introduced in the first film," Feige said at the time.

MORE: Robert Downey Jr. and more stars share memories of Chadwick Boseman
While details about "Black Panther 2" are still very scarce, we do know the sequel film will hit theaters July 8, 2022.

Marvel is owned by Disney, the parent company of ABC News and "Good Morning America."
Bring back Michael B Jordan and let him be Black Panther, have a Killmonger redemption story. Just have T'Challa go against Killmonger's wishes and save him. Have Killmonger be a anti hero

But there’s a subtle difference between not having a CG Chadwick Boseman and not having a CG T’Challa. After all, the Black Panther suit covers up the entire body, so it might be possible to have the character on the screen without having to recreate the actor. In fact, a new report from FandomWire claims that this is indeed the case and that the opening of the movie will see T’Challa as Black Panther for a “short, respectful tribute and send off.” This could be something as simple as having an onscreen funeral for the character with T’Challa in full costume, which may mean they don’t have to use CG at all.

I guess, I don't know who that is. I felt the same as when Angelina Jolie and Zoe Saldana were doing it in their movies

Black Widow is the non-powered female member of the Avengers. Her movie was scheduled for release last year but Covid.

Wait, how can you possibly not know who BW is?

Back