Welcome To aBlackWeb

....but she was considered which is why she was nominated lol
I read that wrong, but still...same energy applies. Weak film. I love Angela " I play everybody's mama" Bassett, but this was not the film to be disappointed in not getting an award for. Let's bring back that energy for 1994 with "What's Love Got to Do With It."

I read that wrong, but still...same energy applies. Weak film. I love Angela " I play everybody's mama" Bassett, but this was not the film to be disappointed in not getting an award for. Let's bring back that energy for 1994 with "What's Love Got to Do With It."

It ain't necessarily about the movie. It's about her performance, and her performance was fantastic regardless of what you think about the movie as a whole.

There's no way JLC should have won that award over Angela. There was nothing particularly special about JLC's role in her movie. In fact, I'm pretty sure there was another actress from the same movie that was nominated that deserved the award more.

It ain't necessarily about the movie. It's about her performance, and her performance was fantastic regardless of what you think about the movie as a whole.

There's no way JLC should have won that award over Angela. There was nothing particularly special about JLC's role in her movie. In fact, I'm pretty sure there was another actress from the same movie that was nominated that deserved the award more.

Yeah, the daughter from that movie definitely shoulda won if not Angela

Unpopular opinion but that wasn’t an Oscar worthy movie role/performance from Angela Bassett

Idk maybe I have to watch the movie again but eh

Yeah...if the movie isn't good, you don't get an award because your part was decent. Not to take Bassett for granted, but did we expect anything less from her? A better film would have given her more shine.

To be fair, I don't expect these films to be more than your generic action flick. So I don't why anyone involved would expect any acclaim outside of special effects.

Yeah...if the movie isn't good, you don't get an award because your part was decent. Not to take Bassett for granted, but did we expect anything less from her? A better film would have given her more shine.

To be fair, I don't expect these films to be more than your generic action flick. So I don't why anyone involved would expect any acclaim outside of special effects.
So how did you find the movie Jamie won for?

WTF are you talking about.

That happens all the time.

Bro, BP2 wasn't a bad movie. I don't really get why people shit on it so much. Was it great? Maybe not, but it wasn't bad.

Back