Welcome To aBlackWeb

How do we break out of our psychological conditioning?

i get that....but its also what we allow in.
going back to what you said about the children being completely different that the parent.
as far as what you were just saying.....you know better now so you will do better. you were immature im assuming but now you are more mature and see it was not cool. but you wont allow your kids to do some shit like that...or think its normal.

that in itself breaks a cycle.
but why did you break it?
how did you learn from what you did to say its not normal?
normal compared to what and who?

I didn't really break it. I'm still ok with all that shit and don't have a problem with it personally. Truthfully my mindset is still fucked up cause I can so easily go there and that's is where I'm most comfortable.

I don't want my kids doing it because I've positioned them where their environment is different so they don't even have to make those choices. I don't even like when I go hang out around my old way with my kids and folks want to get to talking shit I did back in the day. My kids don't need to hear or know that. I don't want them even getting an inkling of thinking living like that is ok.

The black community is far too divided.
divided because of what was stated in what you quoted.

who is making people pay for breaking the code?
and like what was stated earlier.......we tend to just let people cook. no matter what.
why dont we call out things that go against our agenda?

shit, what is our agenda?

Expound on the no.

The reason why I say no is because for the majority of black people we see and know what our common issues are among our people and enemies. We are divided in how we want to address these issues and in what order. I feel like if we all have basically the same end goal which is black autonomy then group with the people who are moving and thinking how you like and want to do. Just as important is to not talk down and try to stifle the moves other black people are making to reach that same goal.

So my no is really I don't we are that divided where we can't make something happen.

Now that I'm thinking about it more and focusing on the one thing I really don't think black people want to accept for us to change our fate here. We just might actually be too divided.

I didn't really break it. I'm still ok with all that shit and don't have a problem with it personally. Truthfully my mindset is still fucked up cause I can so easily go there and that's is where I'm most comfortable.

I don't want my kids doing it because I've positioned them where their environment is different so they don't even have to make those choices. I don't even like when I go hang out around my old way with my kids and folks want to get to talking shit I did back in the day. My kids don't need to hear or know that. I don't want them even getting an inkling of thinking living like that is ok.
but couldnt they learn from your mistakes?

but i get what you are saying......
showing them that can backfire on you also

divided because of what was stated in what you quoted.

who is making people pay for breaking the code?
and like what was stated earlier.......we tend to just let people cook. no matter what.
why dont we call out things that go against our agenda?

shit, what is our agenda?
Lol we are arguing about what the code should or shouldn’t entail. Let that sink in.

The reason why I say no is because for the majority of black people we see and know what our common issues are among our people and enemies. We are divided in how we want to address these issues and in what order. I feel like if we all have basically the same end goal which is black autonomy then group with the people who are moving and thinking how you like and want to do. Just as important is to not talk down and try to stifle the moves other black people are making to reach that same goal.

So my no is really I don't we are that divided where we can't make something happen.

Now that I'm thinking about it more and focusing on the one thing I really don't think black people want to accept for us to change our fate here. We just might actually be too divided.
giphy.gif

That’s true for certain black people.

Lol we are arguing about what the code should or shouldn’t entail. Let that sink in.
i see it more as the gatekeepers have failed and allowed the code to be a set of rules for certain people...not us as a group.

it is still there but needs to be taught in its pure form and enforced without flexibility.

but couldnt they learn from your mistakes?

but i get what you are saying......
showing them that can backfire on you also

This what I was referencing with my mindset. I still till this day don't view them as mistakes.

This what I was referencing with my mindset. I still till this day don't view them as mistakes.
but how would you explain that to your seeds?
sick mindset or mistakes or you was cool with it?
maybe its better to not even let them know to be able to ask....lol

This is true.

And people think things like verbalizing a color bias is the only indicator that you think that way. It isnt tho...

One example i know i has to check within myself was realizing im more on guard than i normally am around dudes with darker skinned than lighter. Its a thing that men in urban environments learn, but when i realized i was doing it in those types it made me understand how deep it runs.

Cosign 100%

I have to check myself on that all the time man

are you sure we ....some of us are conditioned to accept sub par for everything?

Yes...through the lens of AMERICAN poverty by in large the majority of us are conditioned to accepted sub par conditions...why do you think there are GENERATIONS of blacks that live in the projects...great grands, grands, parents, children, childrens children...

There are more of us starting to break that cycle and mindset tho and im grateful

Get over survivors remorse, fuck a plantation, build your own nation. To the world we all niggaz, but that dont make u my brotha.

:uknowimright:

I'm about to leave for the day but this a question for everybody or might need its own thread.

Based on the Dred Scott case the Supreme Court ruled 7 to 2 that all AfricanAmericans living in the United States — slaves as well as free persons — could never become citizens.

This case has NEVER been overturned. Are we by calling ourselves "African Americans" already fighting a losing battle just in the sense of legal terms in trying to get reparations?

If we say we are african americans and at the same time say we are citizens of america. Unless the law is overturned we can't be both and get reparations.

Back