Welcome To aBlackWeb

History Thread

I love me some History man, I always have. Read about the story of Madison Washington, a hero that freed his people

But, from 1st to 12th grade we never learned a god damn thing about Africa. (& barely Aframs) Just slavery. I know an American school teaches American History, but our curriculum in Hampton Roads is str8 ass. Half the time we only read thru (give or take) 10% of the big ass books they gave us.

Black History Month was a crocka shit. Always talking about MLK and George W Carver and other inventors, but never Malcom X (until High School in a minor passing reference) Huey P. Newton or Marcus Garvey.. Maybe they're too controversial for younger kids, or maybe the kaks don't like em.. but fuck em.

History classes need to stop telling the lie that kaks are Jesus incarnate and need to tell our side of history.

Been reading some historical non-fiction lately. I read Empire of the Summer Moon a little bit ago and I'm currently about to finish The Heart of Everything that is. They're about the Commanche and Lakota.

when my Aunt Pearl (rip) was young she passed as white, talkin bout drink from white only water fountain type shit she said

:hahaha:

Big history buff for real 💯. I'm into Ancient to Modern all across the planet really. But a focus on Africa predynastic Kemet to modern as well. I'm big on subjects like Anthropology, psychology, comparative religion/ mythology, esoteric as well. It all goes hand in hand. I find it interesting to peep the cycles of history and how this whole shit runs in a big ass loop.

I hated history in school. It took me a while before I realized how much I actually like the subject. I just had to get to a point where I could get it unfiltered and not the watered down BS they give you in school.

I feel the same... I was interested in it at school in someways but not like now but never paid much attention in school (and was eventually kicked out)...

TBH I was I could go back in time and bombard the teachers with tons of questions and also question their 'facts'...

I tried my best to make my nephews interested in history and things, my youngest nephew just finished school and got top marks in history and English, mainly down to me giving him history lessons etc which made him really interested in the subject and random facts...

A year or so ago he surprised his history teacher by asking his teacher about America suppling arms to Bin Laden and helping Afghanistan fight Russia, the teacher asked how he knew about it as most 14/15yrs dont read, he then said his uncle told him lol

Back