Welcome To aBlackWeb

History Thread

I only focus on Black History.

Got a few books on it. Currently re-reading The Black Count since I never finished it. It's the story of Alexander Dumas. The author of Count Of Monte Cristo and Three Muskteers, both books heavily influenced from his own personal life. He was also highly revered as the greatest military soldier in all of France in his time.

My only gripe is that the author of this book tends go at length about other shit around Dumas. It's a blessing and a curse. I'd prefer to only learn of the subject at hand, but he also shows how deep the racism in France was. Along with revealing other black military figures such as St. George and The Black Legion.

There's another book I'm struggling with called When We Ruled. Deep dive into the kingdoms of Africa, but damn that shit could stop a bullet. I tackle that here and there, couple times a month maybe.

Yea, I'm always lookin in that subject

be tellin my lil nephew they only gon teach what they want him to kno about & even that will be distorted

20191220_210518.jpg

History was the only class i attended. I took Anthropology and that was pretty fun, I really liked US history and ancient civilizations like Egypt and Greece, Rome and so on. Mythology was dope as hell.

Šistory was also my favorite subject. I am still very fond of ancient Greece and their myths. This is some kind of dependence since childhood, ancient Greece, mythology, and culture. Even in college, I studied ancient history, wrote essays and term papers on this topic https://studydriver.com/ancient-greece/ and always did it with enthusiasm. I had to fly to Greece this spring. but because of the pandemic, the departure was canceled. Now Iā€™m waiting for the flights to be renewed in order to fulfill my childhood dream.

Last edited:
Reading about history recently just started to make me mad cuz there's no real way to know if what you're getting the full scope of what you're learning. Especially when you throw african/african american cuz a lot of our history is oral and/or completely off white ppl radar....and also history about women cuz the stories are usually told from the perspective of men and some of them did shady hater ass shit and left them out of a lot of narratives.

Šistory was also my favorite subject. I am still very fond of ancient Greece and their myths.

Bruh, I was so excited to go to Greece last October. Nigga was like a kid in a candy store. By mom, my sister, and my homie were all like 'Aight nigga, we get it. This is a statue of some dude who did some dope shit back in the day. STFU already.'. Lol

Bruh, I was so excited to go to Greece last October. Nigga was like a kid in a candy store. By mom, my sister, and my homie were all like 'Aight nigga, we get it. This is a statue of some dude who did some dope shit back in the day. STFU already.'. Lol
I know you be up on them history podcasts too. You showed your ass didnt you? Lol

Reading about history recently just started to make me mad cuz there's no real way to know if what you're getting the full scope of what you're learning. Especially when you throw african/african american cuz a lot of our history is oral and/or completely off white ppl radar....and also history about women cuz the stories are usually told from the perspective of men and some of them did shady hater ass shit and left them out of a lot of narratives.

I feel you whole time as a kid I thought Mexican war was some shit they started. Come to find out it some American bullshit

Jus finished "They Came Before Columbus" the other wk

great read that lays out the evidence (from the ships, to certain plants & customs) to show (west) Africans were able to make the trip usin the ocean currents to navigate & some of the items they brought w/ them couldn't have originated anywhere other the motherland

highly recommend it

And history was written by the elites so you not gonna get an accurate picture of how the majority was living

Yea, I'm always lookin in that subject

be tellin my lil nephew they only gon teach what they want him to kno about & even that will be distorted

View attachment 203971

I got either 3 or 4 of these books.

Can learn more about history (whatever the subject) on youtube or amazon rather than the public school system. There's quite a bit you can learn online rather than going to school.

I got either 3 or 4 of these books.

Can learn more about history (whatever the subject) on youtube or amazon rather than the public school system. There's quite a bit you can learn online rather than going to school.

true

but w/ anything, gotta check the source

You differnt

lol

jus seekin the truth

but I think it was @Elzo69Renaissance who put me on this

IMG_20210121_223257.jpg
IMG_20210121_223316.jpg

one of my favorites I've read

very interesting to see the history of the number 0

I mean folks was gettin killed over it lol

Back