Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does drill music have a negative influence on the black community?

Big Lurko

Im not here to read more than 2 lines..
Can listening to certain rap music be a negative influence on kids growing up? Can it provoke the minds to want to act or live out what they hear?

Reactions: GNS
Didn’t we have this same issue in the early 90s the impact on kids only goes as far as the parents let it. Gotta let kids know it’s all fake like actors in movies yes some will imitate what they see especially if they don’t have it as good. But drill and rap period just takes examples from what rappers were already seeing.

so no I don’t think rap music is negatively impacting kids that deeply unless they are already vulnerable

Didn’t we have this same issue in the early 90s the impact on kids only goes as far as the parents let it. Gotta let kids know it’s all fake like actors in movies yes some will imitate what they see especially if they don’t have it as good. But drill and rap period just takes examples from what rappers were already seeing.

so no I don’t think rap music is negatively impacting kids that deeply unless they are already vulnerable
But Drill isn't fake, at least Chicago Drill isn't. These lil niggas are actually speaking on murders and it's affecting the young kids coming up behind them to do the shit

But Drill isn't fake, at least Chicago Drill isn't. These lil niggas are actually speaking on murders and it's affecting the young kids coming up behind them to do the shit

It does for this reason. All violent and sexist rap music contributes somewhat to the negativity in the black community particularly as people allow themselves to be influenced more and more by music, media, etc... That's undeniable at this point. However, drill music actively gets people killed and keeps street beefs from dying down, so it's that much worse.

all that dissin the dead shit was never popular until chi niggas started doin it

But I mean Chicago has had a gang problem for years. Drill music just popped up like what 2012. What was influencing the violence before?

I think Chicago Drill music is overall detrimental to the black community, while rap as a whole is overall an asset to the black community.

Music is frequency, we are frequency based.

"The wrong kind of music makes the wrong kind of man".

As for the actual thread...I think it's a cycle of the violence influencing the music which then influences the violence. It's just a big ass cycle. It does make me wonder how shit would've been if west coast rappers in the 90s openly banged on records as hard as kids do today. Because this same convo has been going on since people first realized how much gang culture influenced and controlled west coast hip-hop

so in one thread folks like "nah, pushing that gay shit has no influence"

but in another like "yea, listenin to that shit can make them killers!"

:hahaha:

must be 2 sides

No_No_He's_Got_A_Point_Banner.jpg

Back