Welcome To aBlackWeb

blank-stare.gif

I really don't understand how they come to these projections so far out. I could see week of, but this joint still 3 weeks away.
The amount of theaters that have paid for it to play in their theaters and the amount of seats those theaters have.

It’s like back in the day when an album would go platinum. That wasn’t cause of individual sales. It was cause of the amount of copies record stores and places like target and Best Buy bought, for them to sale

That’s why clean copies of rap albums existed, they could be sold at retailers like Walmart.

Avatar didn’t reach a billion dollars cause of ticket sales, it reached a billion because of how many theaters are hosting it.

The amount of theaters that have paid for it to play in their theaters and the amount of seats those theaters have.

Avatar didn’t reach a billion dollars cause of ticket sales, it reached a billion because of how many theaters are hosting it.

I'm sure Shazam is gonna be shown in just about the same amount of theaters.

And if that was the case there wouldn't have been articles about Avatar needing 2 billion plus to break even. They would've known that it would exceed that based on all the theaters it was in.

I'm sure Shazam is gonna be shown in just about the same amount of theaters.

And if that was the case there wouldn't have been articles about Avatar needing 2 billion plus to break even. They would've known that it would exceed that based on all the theaters it was in.
Those stories about it needing to meet that number were driven by the studio that made the movie. The money is already made bro, when they put it out. It’s not to sell it to us, it’s to sell it to who is going to provide it to us. That story was to push fans that care about the fanchise to go to the movie theater and see it. Thus the theaters could recoup what they paid for.

Cause if they don’t, the problem is gonna arrise for the studio to show in more theaters. Like, you left us hanging before, I’m not buying access to your film just to not recoup.

The audience is the middle man, we ain’t even necessary to the studio other than collateral to AMC and such. Shit ain’t as straight as they make it seem.

This is why black movies aren’t green lit a lot. It’s not that black people don’t go to the movies, it’s that, not many theaters are willing to bet on the fact that they will get that consistent a black audience to recoup from buying access to the showing.

That’s why they keep using the same actors, cause it’s easier to sell a known draw to the theater than it is to sell a new face. There are many black actors better than Gabby Union and Regina hall but they be in everything

Those stories about it needing to meet that number were driven by the studio that made the movie. The money is already made bro, when they put it out. It’s not to sell it to us, it’s to sell it to who is going to provide it to us. That story was to push fans that care about the fanchise to go to the movie theater and see it. Thus the theaters could recoup what they paid for.

Cause if they don’t, the problem is gonna arrise for the studio to show in more theaters. Like, you left us hanging before, I’m not buying access to your film just to not recoup.

The audience is the middle man, we ain’t even necessary to the studio other than collateral to AMC and such. Shit ain’t as straight as they make it seem.

:wtf33:

Back