Welcome To aBlackWeb

As an Asian-American, I'm Tired of Being Racially Gaslit By My Peers

There was one where I grew up too.

This is not cultural appropriation. It's a black owned Chinese food restaurant. It ain't like they are trying to claim it's a new type of Soul Food. There are people from every race under the sun that own pizza restaurants. No one accuses any of them of appropriating Italian culture. And I don't if you've ever been to one of those stores in the mall that sell Bourbon Chicken. Ain't no part of that Asian despite the fact that they are are all owned by Asian people.

That’s your opinion.

My opinion is if you gon make profits of another race “food” and actually used their name.

No different from a White man from Montana opening up a White Jamaican restaurant talking bout he got the best Jerk Pork.

Or an Chinese man opening a Hip Hop cafe in Beijing lol.

Making profits of somebody else culture is weird. That’s just my take.

That’s your opinion.

My opinion is if you gon make profits of another race “food” and actually used their name.

No different from a White man from Montana opening up a White Jamaican restaurant talking bout he got the best Jerk Pork.

No, it's not my opinion. It's a fact. Words and terms have meanings.

Cultural Appropriation - the unacknowledged or inappropriate adoption of the customs, practices, ideas, etc. of one people or society by members of another and typically more dominant people or society.
oxford dictionary

Simply making money from another's culture isn't cultural appropriation. People been doing that for thousands of years. When Chinese products wounds up in Rome due to trade on the Silk Road, the Roman vendors were getting paid off Chinese cultural elements and the same thing happened in reverse. That's what happens when you have multicultural exchange.

Cultural appropriation is when one group, usually the dominant group, tries to jack elements of another culture and claim it as their own so they can profit from it exclusively. That's not what these people are trying to do. Again, they acknowledged the food is Chinese in origin.

Also, lol @ this even being a discussion when every Chinese restaurant you go to sells fried chicken. That's not part of their culture. Where do you think they got that from?

That’s your opinion.

I would bet money that there is or was a chinese owned hip-hop cafe in Beijing and plenty of white restaurants have a bland-ass jerk-something on the menu.

By your measure, 99% of cuisine is cultural appropriation and that's just not how food works.

I would bet money that there is or was a chinese owned hip-hop cafe in Beijing and plenty of white restaurants have a bland-ass jerk-something on the menu.

By your measure, 99% of cuisine is cultural appropriation and that's just not how food works.

I get it bruh. Damn.

my issue is using the word Chinese but I get it.

I get it bruh. Damn.

my issue is using the word Chinese but I get it.

Yeah but if dude had the exact same menu but didn't properly cite it as Chinese food or at least Chinese fusion that would be appropriation.

That's like saying if I learned to speak Chinese I couldn't actually call what I was speaking Chinese because i'm black.

You’ve seen Asian-owned cosmetic stores that sell only black beauty supplies and nobody calls that “cultural appropriation “.

I was at this restaurant that specialized in Asian cuisine and there was nothing but Mexicans behind the counter..

Nobody called that “cultural appropriation “.

But, you TOO are entitled to your opinion.

Peace.

Im out in Brooklyn, they have a spot like that called Yummy Taco. Chinese Mexican food, lmaaaao the nerve,

A lil different, but when I was in St Martin, we went to this little local spot that was a Japanese/Jamaican restaurant. Shit was weird. You could get some curry goat with a side of volcano rolls. It wasn't appropriation though. It was just a Jamaican dude and a Japanese linking up and doing something together.

This fuck frames it like they’re doing us a service that we only benefit from.

we just need for them to take their dozen or so businesses out our neighborhoods

Never been to a Chinese restaurant.

I’ve never tasted Chinese food.

Fuck this Asian turd.

But, he was right about one thing:

Negros need to cut out all that “we support their business and this is the thanks we get?” Blah, blah blah

Y’all eat at those places because y’all like the food.

Stop acting like it’s outta the kindness of your heart and you wanna show support for these shitty Asian establishments.

Stop acting like you’re only eating at their restaurants as a favor to the Asian community.

You go there because you want to.

I only watched a few seconds of that video, but this asshole is probably just mad that neither Asian women nor white women wanna be with him, so he needs something to vent about.

Never been to a Chinese restaurant.

I’ve never tasted Chinese food.

Fuck this Asian turd.

But, he was right about one thing:

Negros need to cut out all that “we support their business and this is the thanks we get?” Blah, blah blah

Y’all eat at those places because y’all like the food.

Stop acting like it’s outta the kindness of your heart and you wanna show support for these shitty Asian establishments.

Stop acting like you’re only eating at their restaurants as a favor to the Asian community.

You go there because you want to.

I only watched a few seconds of that video, but this asshole is probably just mad that neither Asian women nor white women wanna be with him, so he needs something to vent about.

Bruh stop. Nobody said that black people eat at Asian restaurants as a favor to them. However, there is a reason every black neighborhood has tons of Asian businesses. White people like Asian food too. That didn't stop them from stopping Asians from setting up shop for a long time.

Asians are allowed to profit off businesses that exist solely at the whims of black people, and those save Asians will actively freeze black people out from taking part in the same industry. Black people can live without Chinese food. There are a lot of Asian families out there that couldn't live without black people. So yeah they owe us more respect than that.

Sucker punch sneak attack

Does it really matter?

Aint no rules when you get out of pocket. You get dealt with however you get dealt with.

Matter of fact. We as black folks need to start punching these racist folks in the mouth soon as they get out of pocket. Fuck granted them the knowledge of how its about to go down

Back