Welcome To aBlackWeb

One of the few new network shows I've looked forward to. First ep was cool. Didnt know Quinta created it as well. Will def keep watching cuz of that alone.

Jus watched the 1st episode...its a bit preachy but it works. Imma rock w it.

lol @ the principle, the Italian teacher n the white boy.

I don’t like the principal and I eventually hope she’s replaced but I feel like the show has potential but it won’t reach it until season 2 after they find out what works

it’s kinda humorous but it’s a bit cringe at the same time

Teachers trapped in public school bureaucracy…

Dude from Everybody Hates Chris all grown up, and getting it thrown at him from all directions….

Philly-based, so there plenty of Eagle/Sixer/Boyz II Men references (and a Jim Gardner shoutout)….

What’s not to like? I’m down with this show.

Last edited:

Created, written and starring Quinta Brunson, Abbott Elementary debuted back in December to earn a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demo and 2.79 million viewers, per fast affiliates. However, after 35 days of viewing across ABC’s linear and digital platforms, the series premiere shot up 300% in the demo for a 2.4 rating and 7.1 million total viewers. Per ABC, Abbott’s opening marked the largest percentage growth from L+SD to MP35 for any new comedy premiere. ABC started tracking MP35 performance in September 2017.

Back