Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a two way. Its 50k guaranteed 500k guaranteed after training camp and nothing guaranteed after and no other team can pick him up and sign him to a two way or exhibit 10 if they're interested. They gotta pay him above minimum or they can't sign him. They made a kid sign his career away to Houston for the next 3 yrs and he might not get more than 50k out of it.

That's nasty. I just hope they did it like that cause they really believe they got a steal. But something about it seems nefarious.
I understood all that, just money wise I was think it’s a step above a two-way. If they do waive him before the 22nd I feel they’ll give him a two way contract, and not completely fck him unless he shows like zero potential. Regardless he is trapped for three years

It's not a two way. Its 50k guaranteed 500k guaranteed after training camp and nothing guaranteed after and no other team can pick him up and sign him to a two way or exhibit 10 if they're interested. They gotta pay him above minimum or they can't sign him. They made a kid sign his career away to Houston for the next 3 yrs and he might not get more than 50k out of it.

That's nasty. I just hope they did it like that cause they really believe they got a steal. But something about it seems nefarious.

Rockets might have a reputation of treating players as nothing more than assets but we've always taken care of players while they were here for the most part

It's more beneficial to the Rockets because it allows them to waive him and still keep him on a two way contract which keeps them away from the hardcap........but if Tate balls out during training camp and makes the team he'll get paid like a normal on year deal instead of a rookie so thats good for him

Rockets might have a reputation of treating players as nothing more than assets but we've always taken care of players while they were here for the most part

It's more beneficial to the Rockets because it allows them to waive him and still keep him on a two way contract which keeps them away from the hardcap........but if Tate balls out during training camp and makes the team he'll get paid like a normal on year deal instead of a rookie so thats good for him

The "if they don't like him he's fucked" aspect is what's messing me up but the move is a little more clear now. In terms of them wanting no competition in putting him on a two way deal. I get that. Still messed up. But more understandable now. Respect @southsil4lil

@southsil4lil

yo you think the mavs should retire barea’s Jersey? ?
I know you asked him, but as a mavs fan I don’t think they will. All our retired jerseys were players from the first owners era. our first all-star Blackmon, 2 time all defense Harper, 12 seasons from the expansion draft brad Davis. Then there’s dirk soon. I’m not putting jj number in the rafters next to him

I know you asked him, but as a mavs fan I don’t think they will. All our retired jerseys were players from the first owners era. our first all-star Blackmon, 2 time all defense Harper, 12 seasons from the expansion draft brad Davis. Then there’s dirk soon. I’m not putting jj number in the rafters next to him
Thank you.

I see what beta is saying but not all those situations are created equal

Udonis Haslem is going to have his jersey retired by Miami. That's not an if. He's everything beta is attributing to Barea. It's going to happen.

But JJ ain't no Udonis.

I see what beta is saying but not all those situations are created equal

Udonis Haslem is going to have his jersey retired by Miami. That's not an if. He's everything beta is attributing to Barea. It's going to happen.

But JJ ain't no Udonis.
udonis actually holds some heat records and 147 playoff games played. Jj got respect but there’s a bunch of niggas on mavs twitter that wanted to see that nigga gone last year and surprised they resigned him again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back