Welcome To aBlackWeb

The United States Capitol is under siege by Trump Supporters

Yes because you would be too stupid to know that being Black and voting Republican simply for a tax break does not outweigh all of the other bullshit that they specifically design to oppose your way of life.

That would be like being so frustrated that you can't afford to go to school that you commit a crime so that you can go to prison because niggas in prison can get an education.

You're trying to rationalize being ignorant and your only defense is to invoke the oppositions as not being perfect.

It's fucking stupid.
dude....wtf is wrong with you?

You said it was "Satisfactory." My point is that by itself, it's almost nothing, because several things can happen over time that would nullify the benefit of it.

I'm not trying to get back in this argument with you though. I was just responding to other comment because some people do think one or two half measures are good enough to address big issues.

It is satisfactory.

Just like it would be satisfactory if the DOJ deemed all right wing extremist groups as terrorist. Does that mean it's a failure if every single right wing extremist isn't immediately arrested? No but why do you keep downplaying any progress simply because it's not overwhelmingly impactful?

If you understood how our Democracy functions and you had any insight into what the average way of life is for the average American you wouldn't be so dismissive over what would amount to a huge life changing event for 40% of the working people in America.

You making this like the haves and the have nots.

Do you know that the are people who are predominately Black and Latino who work as cleaners in the same Capital building that was destroyed and that they don't even make $15 per hour yet the muthafuckas who can easily vote to change that walk right on by them every single day with their +$100,000 salaries.

first .....i dont get that deep into politics...never have and second you need to setting down with your insults.
shit was uncalled for.

Calling a Black Republican dumb is only insulting if you a Black and Republican in which case I'm not apologizing for shit. The fuck I look like feeling sorry for somebody who has a total disregard for my life and people who look like me?

It's clear that a lot of y'all are just like Republicans. You're out of touch with reality. Go outside.

Niggas don't think a $15 minimum wage would mean anything???

Niggas are making excuses for Black Republicans??????

Calling a Black Republican dumb is only insulting if you a Black and Republican in which case I'm not apologizing for shit. The fuck I look like feeling sorry for somebody who has a total disregard for my life and people who look like me?
you really doing too much.
tell me where i said i was a repub?

you got some other shit going on with you.

We're in the middle of a pandemic and an economic crisis and niggas can literally see how impactful a single $600 stimulus check is.

Think about how critical getting that $600 stimulus check would be for so many people.

$15 is a $600 weekly check yet a $15 minimum wage won't really mean much.

Are you serious?

It is satisfactory.

Just like it would be satisfactory if the DOJ deemed all right wing extremist groups as terrorist. Does that mean it's a failure if every single right wing extremist isn't immediately arrested? No but why do you keep downplaying any progress simply because it's not overwhelmingly impactful?

If you understood how our Democracy functions and you had any insight into what the average way of life is for the average American you wouldn't be so dismissive over what would amount to a huge life changing event for 40% of the working people in America.

You making this like the haves and the have nots.

Do you know that the are people who are predominately Black and Latino who work as cleaners in the same Capital building that was destroyed and that they don't even make $15 per hour yet the muthafuckas who can easily vote to change that walk right on by them every single day with their +$100,000 salaries.

There's really no point in discussing things with you because you don't pay attention to what anyone who disagrees with you says. You just like to rant.

I've already said that raising the minimum wage is a good policy proposal and should be done, so I'm not really sure why you keep acting like it would be a meaningless thing to do. The point of contention is that I don't think it is a satisfactory answer to "How are the Dems going to address the wealth gap?" It might be part of a good answer, but by itself its not even satisfactory.

There's really no point in discussing things with you because you don't pay attention to what anyone who disagrees with you says. You just like to rant.

I've already said that raising the minimum wage is a good policy proposal and should be done, so I'm not really sure why you keep acting like it would be a meaningless thing to do. The point of contention is that I don't think it is a satisfactory answer to "How are the Dems going to address the wealth gap?" It might be part of a good answer, but by itself its not even satisfactory.

Raising the minimum wage to $15 does address the wealth gap does it not?

you really doing too much.
tell me where i said i was a repub?

you got some other shit going on with you.

I said I wish bad things on Republicans and you got in your feelings and tried to both sides the argument and rationalize a Black person being dumb enough to follow Republicans.

Raising the minimum wage to $15 does address the wealth gap does it not?

No, not in a meaningful and long lasting way. I've already explained that. If they pass that, and grocery stores, restaurants, and other business affected by the increase raise their prices, that change has effectively been nullified. As was just said by someone else, given how fast the cost of living increases, it won't be long before that minimum wage increase has been eclipsed.

I've said this multiple times and this is the absolute last time I'm saying this. It is a good policy proposal, but by itself it's just a half measure. If I ask you how the Dems are working to decrease the wealth gap and the only thing you can give me is that they are increasing the minimum wage, I don't consider that a satisfactory answer. For a problem like the wealth gap disparity, there needs to be some kind of formal plan and strategy they plan to implement to tackle the issue.

If you can't get what I'm saying after that, I don't know what to tell you.

I said I wish bad things on Republicans and you got in your feelings and tried to both sides the argument and rationalize a Black person being dumb enough to follow Republicans.
now im in my feeling? or was in my feelings?

wow.

aye man whatever.

We gotta expect this kinda domestic terrorist shit as normal from now on...unless the govt does what it's supposed to do and shuts it down.

White conservatives are perpetual victims crushing under the weight of whiteness. Everything about them is unpopular. They're too stupid and racist to revamp their party with normal ppl and normal ideas. They gon keep losing elections because running platforms on nothing but racism and fuckery only wins states with single digit electoral votes. Then they'll keep convincing themselves it's because everything is rigged. They gon be pulling this shit for the next 10 yrs. Or until an elected official gets killed.
aye gabi.....whats been up.

Happy New Year!

Because overt evil should be a deal breaker

@DOS_patos

Bruh, Republicans been on some shit during our whole lifetime, but in 2020, they literally ran on telling scared white people you specifically were coming for their suburbs, and that they would keep you out of their suburbs.

That shit was disgusting.

If you pass all that and still end up voting for them cause they gonna be better for your pockets, thats a massive character flaw.

And btw, when I say you in this post, I dont mean you. Just saying you to prove a point.

Exactly. That's why you can't just say raising the minimum wage is addressing the wealth gap. It's a good step, but if that's all we get and its heralded as some big move, then the politicians will move and and leave the job undone. We've seen that before.

If there isnt a law forcing the minimum wage to up yearly at the same rate that inflation goes up, raising the minimum wage wont do shit.

No, not in a meaningful and long lasting way. I've already explained that. If they pass that, and grocery stores, restaurants, and other business affected by the increase raise their prices, that change has effectively been nullified. As was just said by someone else, given how fast the cost of living increases, it won't be long before that minimum wage increase has been eclipsed.

I've said this multiple times and this is the absolute last time I'm saying this. It is a good policy proposal, but by itself it's just a half measure. If I ask you how the Dems are working to decrease the wealth gap and the only thing you can give me is that they are increasing the minimum wage, I don't consider that a satisfactory answer. For a problem like the wealth gap disparity, there needs to be some kind of formal plan and strategy they plan to implement to tackle the issue.

If you can't get what I'm saying after that, I don't know what to tell you.

The cost have living has been going up for decades while minimum wage has not.

There is not argument that you can make that proves that raising the minim wage will drastically make the cost of living go up.

The cost of living has always gone up with the minimum wage never changing.

I gave you an example with my first job. It was at White Castle in 2007. I was making $5.85hr which was minimum wage at the time. A steak dinner at Applebees was $15 in 2007. Are you telling me that if the minimum wage is raised to $15 that the same steak dinner is going to be $45 now? That's not going to happen.

Back