Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Spinoff: Did DMX Have The Worst Fall Off In HipHop History?

test
should Jeezy and TI be here? They had a crazy run and now does anyone check for their new stuff?

Jeezy kinda just faded into the background tho. TI released a few major flops (No Mercy, Paperwork).

DMX still dropped 5 platinum albums in a span of 5 years so he never really had a true fall off in sales. By '06 you can say hip-hop was entering the "dark ages" where only a handful of artists was doing platinum numbers.

From a musical standpoint I would say as far as the biggest falloff it's either 50 or Snoop.

During 50's prime run everything he came out with after GRODT or The Massacre, his sales started to decline. Especially after the Kanye shit in '07. Snoop on the other hand really hasn't been good since '06 when he dropped The Blue Carpet Treatment.

Hell nah. Ye has a top 5 catalog. He had hits through the whole 2010 decade, X aint have 1. And that's not including the shit he produced and his artists from GOOD.
Kanye ain't put out shit worth listening to since MBDTF and that was in 2010. 808's was a bunch of auto tune, Yeezus was some weirdo dive into heavy metal (and forgettable), and TLoP was lackluster effort. Kanye's early albums were classics after MBDTF he just started throwing shit against the wall trying to make it stick.

DMX was one of those dudes who gave you the same project each time he rapped. He was just so great at it. Even when you think of FOMFBOMB and ID&HIH they are the EXACT SAME ALBUMS. However he isn’t like other great rappers who give you a great experience and then change the career arc.

So much rappers don’t have a career arc. They’re the same rapper each album. That dynamic isn’t talked about enough

This thread is only about top tier rappers who their peers looked at as that nigga, cuz we can name 1 hit wonders all day or niggas like nelly, Ja, Hammer who took the pop route.
I don't like dude for obvious reasons but Ja was the man for a minute, stayed at the top of the charts and helped other acts have top hits. His peers would put him top tier except 50.

Kanye ain't put out shit worth listening to since MBDTF and that was in 2010. 808's was a bunch of auto tune, Yeezus was some weirdo dive into heavy metal (and forgettable), and TLoP was lackluster effort. Kanye's early albums were classics after MBDTF he just started throwing shit against the wall trying to make it stick.
Is DMX’s albums better tho?

Good question...

I'll say X's first 2 albums are definitely on point with Ye's first 2 projects.

Nah I'm saying, is the albums X made during his falloff (Post "And Then There was X," his 3rd album) better than the albums Ye made during his falloff (Post MBDTF, his 5th album)?

Nah I'm saying, is the albums X made during his falloff (Post "And Then There was X," his 3rd album) better than the albums Ye made during his falloff (Post MBDTF, his 5th album)?
Nope. Although I prefer DMX >>> Kanye as an artist I prefer Kanye's work as a producer in his early days like on Blueprint.

Yea, it's not close, better off debating DMX and 50.

And like I said a few pages ago, the niggas from the 80s falloffs are just as bad but they get passes. Big Daddy Kane had a year and a half run but niggas got him top 20 alltime. Same with Slick Rick.

Dmx # 8 and was in jail and on crack and didn’t release anything worth listening for 15 years straight

50 cent is # 29

Yet niggas holding him to the same standard lol and said his fall off is greater…

D8B37B82-C0BC-4CB3-9041-8ABC32741CDE.gif

Back