Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rank These Rappers Tournament (2003)

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
MCs Leading The Tournament Points Wise So Far

Nas - 23 points
Jay - 21 points
Pac /Face- 20 points
Cube - 16 points
LL- 13 points
Em- 12 points
Meth/3k - 11 points
Rakim/Tip/Biggie- 10 points
Dre - 8 points
Juvie/L-Hill - 5 points

List of SOME Rappers Who Dropped Projects in 2003

Outkast - Love Below/Speakerboxx
50 - Get Rich/Beg For Mercy
T.I - Trap Muzik
Jay - The Black Album
Luda - Chicken & Beer
Little Brother - The Listening
Dipset - Diplomatic Immunity
Freeway - Phila Freeway
Lil Wayne - Sqad Up/The Drought

Last edited:
Lil Wayne (Sqad up mixtapes, the drought)
Jay
T.I

HM to Cam and Luda tho

Last edited:
Jay- favorite album by jay.
50-then 50 came through, like hurricanes do
Freeway- prolly the biggest surprise classic album of all time
Ti- I was an instant fan
Cam/juelz- these Niggaz was my favorite squad outside of sp

To me it's 3k and it's not close. Impact music wise, The Love Below created the sound that we're hearing with 808 & Heartbreaks/Drake etc. Impact commercial wise The Love Below is the highest selling hiphop album of alltime. Can't really beat that.

To me it's 3k and it's not close. Impact music wise, The Love Below created the sound that we're hearing with 808 & Heartbreaks/Drake etc. Impact commercial wise The Love Below is the highest selling hiphop album of alltime. Can't really beat that.
i 100% agree to that, and i loved everything about that album....

3k was that nigga...i remember that track from barbershop i can't wait... 3k was on another level....
i still play "vibrate" and "she lives in my lap" like allll the time... those tracks just be hitting.....

however this was a later appreciation on my personal behalf.....

when i think 2003 i immediately associate that with the mixtape scene........that was one of my favorite times in rap......I was 21, and I fancied myself a hip hop loyalist

I list Freeway album so high because what we do is wrong could very easily be my favorite club rap song of all time.....like every time it came on niggaz would literally rap all three niggaz parts word for word like we was really in the video... every fucking time.....that track came out in 2003 and niggaz was still doing this shit in 2006...but it wasn't just that song.. the entire album had banger after banger after banger...beans did his thing, young chris was still doing his thing, and freeway surprised me with album making ability in a time when everybody else was stunting on mixtapes......

But i listed Jay as #1 because the black album was just his best album imo.....

and let's not forget....

50 and gunit were KILLING the mixtape scene...as was dipset and wayne...

niggaz was going ham on mixtapes......this was the thing at the time... mixtapes were at their height right around 2003...

with all these niggaz reshaping the whole game off the mixtape scene....Jay actually dropped a mixtape too bruhs...

S. Carter Collection.....2003 bruhs......black album on the way.......

Jay was just too strong that year.....

but 50 was also a force.....G-unit was damn near unstoppable.....that was absolutely the album to blast in your car in the club parking lot.....if you wasn't blasting a g-unit mixtape........shit was serious.....

Dip set was sellign their mixtapes in stores too...shit was hilarious.... them niggaz was getting money on all levels loved them niggaz back then....

then it was like a toss up between Tip and Joe Budden.....While i have to admit I listened to Joe Budden album more......I was finding TI's name in top rapper debates more and more often..I always vouched for Joe Budden, cuz i loved that album....but i wasn't throwing him in the group with greats.....

niggaz was really debating who the king of the south was TI Luda Wayne Scarface....I was leaning towards TI.....and it started with this album

Last edited:
In 2003 Wayne was easily my favorite rapper. Wayne was killing every hot beat that came out that year. G-unit was doing the same thing on mixtapes but lyrically it wasn't even close. It was a different feeling back then than to how it was when he was killing the tapes in 2006/07 cuz the bandwagon had came by then and everybody was playing that shit, he was spitting just as hard in 03 if not better but there was only a small circle of people who was on the wave, felt like a secret society lol

In 2003 Wayne was easily my favorite rapper. Wayne was killing every hot beat that came out that year. G-unit was doing the same thing on mixtapes but lyrically it wasn't even close. It was a different feeling back then than to how it was when he was killing the tapes in 2006/07 cuz the bandwagon had came by then and everybody was playing that shit, he was spitting just as hard in 03 if not better but there was only a small circle of people who was on the wave, felt like a secret society lol
my roommate was a part of that society......and we constantly beefed over it......

he was an obsessive pac fan too.....prolly the main reason i've never been super high on either dude...dude was obnoxious with his love of them

Ur roommate was a smart and wise man
naw that nigga was an idiot....dude used to say joe budden was garbage...

nigga said young chris was garbage, that beans was overrated

he thought jim jones was better than cam.....

but wayne was jesus to him, and pac was god

lmaooo yea that nigga was buggin. Idk how I forgot about Budden, he was definitely in rotation in 03 too. He'll be on the lists once we start gettin to those Mood Muzik years.

yea he completely disregaurded freeway's entire album because cassidy beat freeway in a batle, and said i only liked frreeway cuz he was from philly....

i was like so is cassidy.....

niggga was like cassidy was better than joe budden too

philadelphia freeway had some bangers on it

criminally slept on album

Young Gunna, just another victim of the ghetto nigga
Post and Pivot and distribute the work
My Pop broke his pivot got addicted to work
Man, they say it's a shame, but as they say it's the game

I made my way through the game
Rowdy lil youngin', was the snotty nosed youngin'
E'rybody lil youngin'
The only youngin' out huggin' that pavement
For paper, and was shoveling pavement for neighbors

I never made it to them 5 on 5's
They was playin' live, I was tryin' stay live!

Tryin' to stay alive!
Moms workin' 11:30 to curfew, I was tryin' to stay til' 5
Hopin' the corners stay alive, while I'm killin' it
Can't stop me before the day I'm robbed
I'll be coppin' again
So fuck a day job while I'm feelin' it
They ain't stoppin me
Straight from the center to "State Property"

:clawd:

nigga said

i never made it to them 5 on 5's...they was playin live i was tryna stay live

:clawd2:

bruh, that shit hit so hard.....i remember running on the court watching my homie on the corner... nigga wanted to play with us, but he had to do that corner shit....

we all in the crib playing video games being kids n shit... and they out there having to be grown men.....

man yall don't be hearing this shit the way i hear it:chill:

Last edited:
The_D.O.C._-_Deuce_album_cover.jpg

This the best album of 2003

It looks like a D.O.C. album but its really Six-Two's album.

If u never heard it u sleep

Back