Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Music Streaming Services

What streaming service you use

• Total voters
How are they w/ the mixtapes/hard find tracks?

Spotify good for a few but you go to listen sometime later and they ain't got the song no mo.

You too @AP21, don't you rock wit Google play as well
GP is ok when it comes to mixtapes. Dat Piff and MyMixtapez is what I normally use. They both have apps and can download them. If I'm riding and wanna listen to a mixtape real quick, I got my voice control defaulted to YouTube and it's normally good for what I'm looking for.
As for hard tracks to find, YouTube can be hit or miss depending on the track and how rare it is.

BLUF: What music streaming service do you use?

There are plenty of music streaming services at our fingertips. Most people like me have couple or multiple subscriptions to suffice different needs or wants. For example, I keep my Google Play Music (GPM) subscription because I get YouTube Red commercial free and YouTube music is pretty dope too. I also have Tidal for the Sound quality and certain video/podcast shows that are on there. I also have Pandora Plus and Amazon Prime Music for free due to my Amazon Prime account and T-Mobile Tuesday for the Pandora hook-up.

Out of all these products I use GPM and YouTube the most and Tidal the second most. As of right now, GPM has me stressed because it is missing a very simple feature that it has recent gotten rid of. For some odd reason GPM has gotten rid of the ability sort “New Releases” by genre. I personally think that they have done this to accommodate labels as they probably charge the labels to promote newly released albums. Not to mention that they have struck some deal with a couple of labels over the recent years; to include the names of Sony and Universal via YouTube. Youtube Music offers music submitted by it's users similar to soundcloud. Also, GPM should be migrating over to Youtube Music.

I have decided to part ways with Tidal after this month since all of the videos/podcasts are on YouTube now, which is pretty funny being that it is a competitor. I’m interested in getting into Spotify but it will be the modded version lol. If I can find a modded version of Tidal that’ll be nice too!! I probably should divorce google, but I’m so invested into YouTube.

What streaming service do you use? What’s the pros and cons?
The feature they took off pissed me off and I hated it.. the don't have certain releases on their too I didn't see bun b or lupe

The feature they took off pissed me off and I hated it.. the don't have certain releases on their too I didn't see bun b or lupe

yeah you have to search new releases sometimes, it is mad annoying.. if it's not on there then it's on the artist or label.

I guess I"m the dinosaur. I stream from Youtube but I don't pay for it so I get the commercials.

I still order CDs from Amazon. In the past month I ordered Jay Z, Big Krit, Kendrick Lamar, A Tribe Called Quest, The Lox and Nicki Minaj.

And for file sharing/downloading I use mp3juices.

Last edited:
How are they w/ the mixtapes/hard find tracks?

Spotify good for a few but you go to listen sometime later and they ain't got the song no mo.

You too @AP21, don't you rock wit Google play as well

It's far too common for me to come across an old Gucci mixtape like wilt Chamberlain. Old no limit too.I love it.but sometimes it will catch itself in a "same song after 15 skips "loop.

Apple Music subscription

Spotify free for Budden pod

Spinrilla for Mixtape music

The only downside to using Tidal is The Chronic isn't on there and One In A Million isn't on there.

The only downside to using Tidal is The Chronic isn't on there and One In A Million isn't on there.

With the exception of her first album, Aaliyah's music is not on any streaming platform. Her uncle controls the masters for her music except the first album and he ain't with streaming.

With the exception of her first album, Aaliyah's music is not on any streaming platform. Her uncle controls the masters for her music except the first album and he ain't with streaming.

Her uncle's an idiot.

I'm still blown about that shit.

Shorty made all that music only for nobody to be able to hear it. And the one album that we can hear is the shit that should've been shelved. smh

started with Spotify premium which is alright but i prmarily use Amazon Music when streaming. i've also bought at least one album from it. It seems like Amazon has the better sound quality unless there's something i'm not doing on Spotify but Amazon needs to get better with organizing their library. It's not big enough to justfiy how cluttered it is.

I use the Datpiff app for mixtapes and youtube for anything i can't find anywhere else.

I'm still blown about that shit.

Shorty made all that music only for nobody to be able to hear it. And the one album that we can hear is the shit that should've been shelved. smh

Oh you can still hear it; just gotta buy the album.

Surprised more people don’t have apple music

Surprised more people don’t have apple music

I've been on "fuck apple" mode ever since they bought out Emagic and dropped support for Logic Audio for Windows and when they dropped OSX support for my Macs (shit, my 9600/300 was never supported).

Back