Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Music Streaming Services

What streaming service you use

• Total voters

Shotta

Da Beast
BLUF: What music streaming service do you use?

There are plenty of music streaming services at our fingertips. Most people like me have couple or multiple subscriptions to suffice different needs or wants. For example, I keep my Google Play Music (GPM) subscription because I get YouTube Red commercial free and YouTube music is pretty dope too. I also have Tidal for the Sound quality and certain video/podcast shows that are on there. I also have Pandora Plus and Amazon Prime Music for free due to my Amazon Prime account and T-Mobile Tuesday for the Pandora hook-up.

Out of all these products I use GPM and YouTube the most and Tidal the second most. As of right now, GPM has me stressed because it is missing a very simple feature that it has recent gotten rid of. For some odd reason GPM has gotten rid of the ability sort “New Releases” by genre. I personally think that they have done this to accommodate labels as they probably charge the labels to promote newly released albums. Not to mention that they have struck some deal with a couple of labels over the recent years; to include the names of Sony and Universal via YouTube. Youtube Music offers music submitted by it's users similar to soundcloud. Also, GPM should be migrating over to Youtube Music.

I have decided to part ways with Tidal after this month since all of the videos/podcasts are on YouTube now, which is pretty funny being that it is a competitor. I’m interested in getting into Spotify but it will be the modded version lol. If I can find a modded version of Tidal that’ll be nice too!! I probably should divorce google, but I’m so invested into YouTube.

What streaming service do you use? What’s the pros and cons?

I use Google Play & YouTube Music. Cool thing about paying for it is I can listen to any album on Google Play and no ads on YouTube. For a little over $10 per month. It's great because I can listen to any album I want from any genre. I use Youtube and Youtube Music for battle rap, mixtapes and playlists.

I mainly use Tidal.

I recently got Spotify (free version) for the budden podcast. That's all i use it for.

I have Youtube Red/Premium too if that counts.

I mainly use Tidal.

I recently got Spotify (free version) for the budden podcast. That's all i use it for.

I have Youtube Red/Premium too if that counts.

So if you pay for Youtube Premium you should have Youtube Music and GPM. Do you use it for the music services or the non-commercial experience?

YouTube Red and Premium is included with Google Play. For example, I was able to watch Cobra Kai as it is a YouTube Premium exclusive.

How are they w/ the mixtapes/hard find tracks?

Spotify good for a few but you go to listen sometime later and they ain't got the song no mo.

You too @AP21, don't you rock wit Google play as well
yea i sub to them, never tried the youtube music actually

i assumed like most google products, it was duplicate effort

i'ma check it out and see tho

Back