Welcome To aBlackWeb

Coming Soon Lupe Fiasco - Tix Mape

Naw, by saying nerd rap it’s trying to imply a negative stigma to intelligence

IMO

which we should all be used to by now

smart has never been cool or popular

that "negative" stigma is actually a positive from the other side of it

i'll be "weird"....I would have stayed weird as a kid if I only knew....

Aye this shit made my fucking day.

I'm a give Waves a full listen now.

This shit tho......

Aye this shit made my fucking day.

I'm a give Waves a full listen now.

This shit tho......

you gotta listen to the 2nd disc first on Sunday before noon, and then play the 1st part watching Silence of the lambs w/ portuguese subtitles

Yall gotta stop with the fake intellect, as if lupe is creating any wheels. I've said on here many times and lupe has himself many times, the REAL lyricists are in battle rap and are spitting shit more clever than the bullshit yall hype up. If i wanna hear real clever shit all day, I'm going to battle rap.

I want to enjoy my MUSIC. I want to be able to ride to my MUSIC. I want to be able to dance to my MUSIC. I wanna be able to relate and have lived through the shit I'm hearing in my MUSIC.

Is Lupe a dope lyricist? Ofc, he's fire.

Does he make good MUSIC? NO

Yall gotta stop with the fake intellect, as if lupe is creating any wheels. I've said on here many times and lupe has himself many times, the REAL lyricists are in battle rap and are spitting shit more clever than the bullshit yall hype up. If i wanna hear real clever shit all day, I'm going to battle rap.

I want to enjoy my MUSIC. I want to be able to ride to my MUSIC. I want to be able to dance to my MUSIC. I wanna be able to relate and have lived through the shit I'm hearing in my MUSIC.

so being able to dance to music is a deciding factor to you?

I dont ask that as a dig, i'm legit curious

For me, Drogas passes my "whip" test. I can listen to this in traffic, on the way to NOLA or any city outside of BR with no skips.

but lol at fake intellect...no one said he is creating any new wheels, but he is damn good at the content he does create with good delivery and conceptual themes.

and i like battle rap, but some of them are reaching just as hard as you claim Lupe does. There are maybe a handful of elite people in battle rap, but thats another discussion for another thread.

so being able to dance to music is a deciding factor to you?

I dont ask that as a dig, i'm legit curious

For me, Drogas passes my "whip" test. I can listen to this in traffic, on the way to NOLA or any city outside of BR with no skips.

but lol at fake intellect...no one said he is creating any new wheels, but he is damn good at the content he does create with good delivery and conceptual themes.

and i like battle rap, but some of them are reaching just as hard as you claim Lupe does. There are maybe a handful of elite people in battle rap, but thats another discussion for another thread.

Was dancing the only thing I said?

Your battle rap IQ isn't even high enough to make that bogus claim, so I won't even get into that.

Drogas will never be played at any function, you me and everybody in this mf knows that. Stop pretending like you don't know what i'm saying.

wayne been rich since a kid but he robbing people and gang bangin out here

great music tho

no sarcasm, the shits dope

You know what? I think i get what you saying finally. You are expressing a feeling about music which is the equivalent of this

Isaiah 30:10-11
[10]Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
[11]Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.

If aint at least somewhat similar to the "norm", it gets lukewarm praise even if it's a masterpiece. I think Shad, who is dope and i never hear anyone talk about, suffers from the same thing. If the "vibrations" aint touuching a familiar cord and triggering those familiar endorphines....nah

:ghost:

Ye will not hear thine word

Was dancing the only thing I said?

Your battle rap IQ isn't even high enough to make that bogus claim, so I won't even get into that.

Drogas will never be played at any function, you me and everybody in this mf knows that. Stop pretending like you don't know what i'm saying.

stop reacting to just one thing being said in my responses...I asked you that because the other things you mentioned were a given. Who listens to music they dont enjoy? Who listens to music they cant play in their cars? So the odd thing out was dancing, at least to me it was b/c obviously, you cannot dance to every single track that is made.

You and I share an affinity for Joe Budden, and i think you would agree that an overwhelming majority of his catalog, you cant dance to, but does that mean he doesnt make good music? no.

And miss me with the low battlerap IQ. The same can be said for any walk in life. There are only a handful of ELITE basketball players in the world. There are only a handful of ELITE rappers. Hell, you even did a series here talking about Icon or legend. You can be a legend, but not an icon, but that doesnt take away from your contributions to the culture. However, not EVERYBODY can be a an icon. So, as i said, there are only a handful of ELITE battle rappers.

Stop reading my posts as an attack against yours lol

I think this is where a lot of our disconnects happen b/c you view me as attacking your personal preference. I was asking a legit question. But again, why does Lupe have to make music that can be played at functions/parties? There are other rappers that fill that void and who are much better at doing so, but AGAIN, im agreeing with you, Lupe has issues with crafting songs that appeal to a wider audience. Ok...now what? Why is that a point docked for you against him?

I tell you what, Drake makes more/better party/function music than Wayne, but Wayne is the better rapper if im comparing them. Find the lie

Dealing with some shit offline, i'll get at yall another day

**waits for new chick named Liz to mysteriously sign up tomorrow**

Back