Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Yu Yu Hakusho

Watched the first episode

Yeah, I fucks with this. You can tell the showrunners really respect the source material

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

the fight and stunt choreography in this first episode is amazing. That first fight felt like a war.

Wish they would have done 8 episodes vs 5 to flesh through story out but it was still dope af
That's basically the main complaint I'm seeing. They condensed 60 episodes into 5 hours and they had to cut out a lot and it felt rushed. For the budget though, it was good imo. I wonder if they thought they'd get another season

I finished it and it definitely has its pros and cons. I'll say this, anyone who loved the anime should not compare this to the anime because it is own thing.

The showrunners did the best they could with only five episodes

THE GOOD

The fights and costumes were awesome. The choreography is organized chaos and the fights feel like they have a lot of weigh to them. Considering this is live action adaptation, they mostly did a good job with the spirit/demon energy attacks.

The got the personalities of the characters correct. To me at least, the actors are all believe in their roles from Yusuke down to the Togoro brothers.

THE BAD

Its only five episodes. They crammed 60 episodes of material down to five episodes and because of it character and plot development really suffers. While the fight between Yusuke and Togoro was good from a cinematic was good, the story moved so fast that there was practically no weight to the fight. The didn't have enough to time to flesh out the rivalry and Togoro's history with Gen Kai.

Hiei and Kurama also suffer from this.

I think they did it this way because the showrunners didn't know if they would get multiple seasons so they just rammed in the first 60 episodes.

However, I did enjoy it.

If they do Chapter Black, it needs to be about 20 episodes though.

season 2 could be chapter black and season 3 they could combine elements of the dark tournament with the demon world tournament from the final arc of the anime

One of the few anime turned live films that is good. This gonna make me run back the anime series again

Back