Welcome To aBlackWeb

YOU'RE NOT READY FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently, the electronics manufacturer Synclavier made a record that demonstrated all of the sounds that the synthesizer could make.

It looks like they sampled the record for the intro of the song

And everything checks out because the record was manufactured in 1981 and Thriller dropped in 1982.

They owned the keyboard. Apparently they used that synthesizer for the whole album. But they sampled that intro from the demo record that came with the machine.
yes my bad
i mean they owned them as in they had the keyboards
not that they owned the company itself

I ran across this some time ago... shit is mindblowing. A lot of iconic sounds from classic songs are just random stock presets sitting in some keyboard/VST. The first one that always comes to mind is that "auh" vocal that's been used more frequently nowadays... the one in Nelly/Kelly Rowland's Dilemma. I dead ass thought that was Nelly's vocal. I'll pull up the original source if I can find it.

EDIT: Here it is. Someone said it's one of the most sampled sounds in hip hop. Maybe in the past 5 years, but this was as rare as it got when Nelly used it.

Last edited:
I ran across this some time ago... shit is mindblowing. A lot of iconic sounds from classic songs are just random stock presets sitting in some keyboard/VST. The first one that always comes to mind is that "auh" vocal that's been used more frequently nowadays... the one in Nelly/Kelly Rowland's Dilemma. I dead ass thought that was Nelly's vocal. I'll pull up the original source if I can find it.

EDIT: Here it is. Someone said it's one of the most sampled sounds in hip hop. Maybe in the past 5 years, but this was as rare as it got when Nelly used it.

tons of early 00's Neptunes' hits were just stock triton presets as well

This is exactly why I'm not a fan of Swizz Beats. Dude is a Charlatan of the Highest Order.

Didn't Timbaland also get into hot water for the exact same thing back in the Day?
I actually like Swizz (and Tim for that matter) because his approach to beatmaking. He would sample from various keyboards with his MP60. My favorite Swizz story was how he made one of those early DMX beats... he sampled a keyboard preset riff, chopped it and added drums to it. His infamous percussion came from old drum machines so rare at that time everyone just associated them with him. I have a bunch of those drums right now but for the life of me I can't find them... I know for a fact that some of them come from the KorgX5. He's definitely a bird for looping some random Logic preset riff and just pasting it on that Nicki Minaj/Eminem song, but he been fell from grace at that point. I dunno what Tim got knocked for other than sample clearances and putting his name on Scott Storch and Danjahandz beats (that might answer your question), but he's on another level of creativity so he can get away with goofy shit like that. Dude used to make beats with baby giggles.

I actually like Swizz (and Tim for that matter) because his approach to beatmaking. He would sample from various keyboards with his MP60. My favorite Swizz story was how he made one of those early DMX beats... he sampled a keyboard preset riff, chopped it and added drums to it. His infamous percussion came from old drum machines so rare at that time everyone just associated them with him. I have a bunch of those drums right now but for the life of me I can't find them... I know for a fact that some of them come from the KorgX5. He's definitely a bird for looping some random Logic preset riff and just pasting it on that Nicki Minaj/Eminem song, but he been fell from grace at that point. I dunno what Tim got knocked for other than sample clearances and putting his name on Scott Storch and Danjahandz beats (that might answer your question), but he's on another level of creativity so he can get away with goofy shit like that. Dude used to make beats with baby giggles.

I'm not a fan of Timbaland, either, but I'll say this much about him: he influenced an entire Generation of Producers and Beatmakers in the UK and Canada: from Hudson Mohawke, to Lunice, to S-Type, and too many others to mention. Everytime I heard these Guys give an Interview, they site Timbaland as one of their biggest influences. He changed the Game more than Swizz ever has. Swizz always came off to me as a fuckin' Rza/Wu-Tang Dick Rider with his Beats.

Timbo's definitely a legend but he's enjoyed a lot of his longevity by co-producing with J-Roc and Danja. I'd honestly be curious to know what percentage of the music he contributed to, and how much he just tweaked and added little things here and there. He's dope with the drums though

Ditto for Swizz Beats

LOL. I found this out some years ago by accident. I was going through a Roland Keyboard (can't remember which one) and was listening to the demo songs that the keyboard would play back. I was in the Brass category and heard some demos and I was like "Why TF does this sound familiar?" Couldn't put my finger on it til it hit me that it was the melody for "Down Bottom".

They're time stamped

Whole time I thought Swizz played that shit lol.

Michael the goat but still wasn’t above being a charlatan

Jacked the drum track just changed the snare to a gated reverb ( shout out to Phil Collins)

More Charlatan activities

The story is the bassist from Queen was hanging out with Chic’s bassist in the studio while they were tracking the Good Times baseline

and well was “ inspired”

True, but the Bassist from Queen asked Nile Rodger's permission to use that Bassline, to which Nile inclined. That's why Queen never got sued for "Another One Bites The Dust". It wasn't until Nile was hanging out in a Discoteque in the Bronx called Leviticus when he 1st heard "Rapper's Delight" that he flipped out and started suing Niggas.

Back