Welcome To aBlackWeb

You wanted it, let's break it down then: is Phil Jackson (The Zen Master) a RACIST??

Do you think Phil Jackson is racist?

• Yep. He a racist fuck out here.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Nah. Not Phil.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Hell if I know. He got 11 rings.....

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Fuck the Bulls (and Lakers) as a staff, basketbal team, and as a muhfuckin crew.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
Sounds like we really need to do a deep dive, based on the info that was shared in the Pippen thread.

@Ironman @AZTG

Let's use what was already posted as a starting point:

"The players have been dressing in prison garb the last five or six years ... all the stuff that goes on, it's like gangsta, thuggery stuff," the Los Angeles Lakers coach, Phil Jackson, wrote on the website of the sports network ESPN.

I defer to you two specifically on this....

I'll post the other piece of material used from his Maverick book, but I'm not sold on racism with that being said.....

"Throughout the years the black players on the Knicks have possessed much better physical ability than the white players, being generally faster and better jumpers. I also think that they have always had superior one-on-one talent."

"White players are more often willing to run patterns and to work collectively."

"Because of the predominance of blacks in pro basketball, the sport is rapidly disintegrating into a one-on-one sport. There are only five or six NBA teams who play with more than a superficial degree of team unity."

On the Knicks: "The starting front court played white basketball while guards played black basketball."

"Black kids growing up want to be the superstar of their neighborhood. They want to be the toughest kids on the block, the richest or, once they get to the playground, the best one-on-one basketball players. White kids, on the other hand, usually are raised in a more homogeneous environment which provides other outlets for personal expression. They're also constantly being taught the principle of subordinating their own personal glory for the good of the group."

"The average player's career is a very short period of his life, and the minute he's through nobody knows who is. Twenty-five years from now the only people who will remember me will be a few trivia experts, and that's exactly how it should be. A lot of black players look at their careers differently. Many blacks have let themselves believe that being in the NBA is one of the greatest things a person can accomplish. I believe this type of feeling is ultimately very destructive, because the only way you can live with it is to get into a heavy fantasy trip. I've seen the process develop many times, and very few players ever find happiness that way."

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Sounds like we really need to do a deep dive, based on the info that was shared in the Pippen thread.

@Ironman @AZTG

Let's use what was already posted as a starting point:

"The players have been dressing in prison garb the last five or six years ... all the stuff that goes on, it's like gangsta, thuggery stuff," the Los Angeles Lakers coach, Phil Jackson, wrote on the website of the sports network ESPN.

I defer to you two specifically on this....

To me those are clearly dog whistles.

"Prison garb, thuggery stuff, gangsta"

We all know what means when an old successful white person says it.

Shits racist imo.

Does that makes Bron and Grant Hill sellouts or....*gasp* coons.....for not having an issue with the dress code?

"But some of the players, including Grant Hill, were on board. And others, like LeBron James, had no issue with it.

“No, it’s not a big deal, not to me.” Said James to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “Sometimes you feel lazy and you don’t feel like putting some clothes on, but this is a job. We are going to have fun, but this is a job and we should look like we’re going to work, that’s the way they feel.”
(From that same article)

You could have racist thoughts and beliefs without being full blown racist.

Like how we do define racist in this case? Usually its full blown hatred of a person due to just his race.

Do I think Phil Jackson sees a random black person and hates that person and wants to do that person harm? No I dont.

I dont think Phil is that type of racist.

Do I think Phil has built in racist biases and thoughts when it comes to black people? To me its undebateable.

His quotes from that maverics book. His quoted on the "thuggery stuff", his quote on Brons "posse"

To me that proves Phil subconciously judges black people more harshly in an unfair manner.

Theres a strong argument to be made that the subconcious biases are fed to you by society and you dont even realize it, so your not a full blown racist.

The issue is that there is a stronger argument to be made that the subconcious bias racist is more dangerous than the full blown I hate you racist.

In basketball, its kind of harmless. Phil sees a white kid go behind the back and thinks oh hes having fun. He sees a black kid do it and thinks smh hes a show off.

But if Phil was a banker, he sees white man with a 650 credit score and approves his mortgage. He sees a black person with a 650 mortgage and denies his loan.

Thats way more dangerous imo.

So is Phil a full blown "i hate black people" racist? No.

But should he get a pass for his biased racism? Fuck no.

Does that makes Bron and Grant Hill sellouts or....*gasp* coons.....for not having an issue with the dress code?

"But some of the players, including Grant Hill, were on board. And others, like LeBron James, had no issue with it.

“No, it’s not a big deal, not to me.” Said James to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “Sometimes you feel lazy and you don’t feel like putting some clothes on, but this is a job. We are going to have fun, but this is a job and we should look like we’re going to work, that’s the way they feel.”
(From that same article)

Agreeing with the dresscode and using words like thuggery to enforce it are the same to you? Not judging or dissing.

People keep retconning everything around, shit is getting tiresome. I mean damn, do some just want to hate everything in the world 24/7. it's why I can't fuck with sport anymore, used to be an escape, but now just endless bullshit.

Is Phil racist, nah. Was he an out of touch white guy in the 70s, seems so. Is he a backstabber, yep. he's also one of the worse GMs ever

People keep retconning everything around, shit is getting tiresome. I mean damn, do some just want to hate everything in the world 24/7. it's why I can't fuck with sport anymore, used to be an escape, but now just endless bullshit.

Is Phil racist, nah. Was he an out of touch white guy in the 70s, seems so. Is he a backstabber, yep. he's also one of the worse GMs ever

The shit he said about LBJ wasnt in the 70s The shit about dressing wasn’t in the 70s

Scottie accusing Phil of being a racist off of not giving him the last shot is nuts. Scottie also insinuating that Phil was racist for the shit he put in "The Lost Season" about not approving of Kobe's legal issues is even nuttier.

That should balance out the shit being said about Phil's racism, which is more bigotry and intolerance than anything.

Back