Welcome To aBlackWeb

"You Can't Date White Women and Be Pro Black", but I bet you'll smash Candace Owens though.

We don't need no one advocating for the devil brother.

You can't help how you got on this earth but you can help who you choose to fall in love with and procreate with.

It can't be the blacker the berry in public while you marry and procreate with non black people.

Does it diminish your contributions to the cause? In a vacuum? No, but it does look mad suspicious.

1. I agree the devil never needs an advocate. I hate that dumb ass phrase.

To your post..

This is where it comes down to the individual. Of course there's some sell outs who view white folks on some imaginary pedestal. But you can't just paint every Black person who decided to marry non Black with that same brush based on that alone. Especially when there's plenty of Black folks with Black spouses and kids who expouse many of the "white folks are the best" mentality through a myriad of other ways. Some even seen on ABW

Brother I don't care

He still gets the side eye

Are you ok with your physician telling you to not smoke while he smokes on his breaks?

Funny enough I was just talking to a nurse I know last week whose job just instituted a policy of no smoking on the grounds because of how it looks to patients to see nurses and doctors chain smoking away then giving medical advice

1. I agree the devil never needs an advocate. I hate that dumb ass phrase.

To your post..

This is where it comes down to the individual. Of course there's some sell outs who view white folks on some imaginary pedestal. But you can't just paint every Black person who decided to marry non Black with that same brush based on that alone. Especially when there's plenty of Black folks with Black spouses and kids who expouse many of the "white folks are the best" mentality through a myriad of other ways. Some even seen on ABW
Oh that's an entirely different convo imo

I agree with all of that

My main point is at it's core, there is something to be said about these men and women for that matter who end up with non black spouses while advocating for things for that both directly and indirectly impact black people

I'm glad brother night King decided to find a black wife to have black kids and is all on board with his blackness as well as the message it sends to his kids

Which is why I brought those names up.

All those gentlemen I named loved both black AND white woman (Frederick Douglass’s 2nd wife was white), and they’ve shown in their work to be pro-black, not anti-white.

So, tell us: how does who they fuck or marry diminish their efforts to better black people, especially in the case of Kareem, who speaks out in pro-black issues even to this day?

How does this diminish Harry Belafonte’s activism?

Or Douglass, who did more for black people then arguably any black American ever?
Harry Belafonte told Eartha Kitt that a black woman could do nothing for him. I think that he wanted civil rights for black men to get on a more even playing field with white men, but he wasn't pro black.

Harry Belafonte told Eartha Kitt that a black woman could do nothing for him. I think that he wanted civil rights for black men to get on a more even playing field with white men, but he wasn't pro black.
And the plot thickens. Could it be that these people with white wives are just trying to be accepted by whites and pissed off they aren’t?

Not saying any are, but…

Oh that's an entirely different convo imo

I agree with all of that

My main point is at it's core, there is something to be said about these men and women for that matter who end up with non black spouses while advocating for things for that both directly and indirectly impact black people

I'm glad brother night King decided to find a black wife to have black kids and is all on board with his blackness as well as the message it sends to his kids

There's something to be said for the reasons anybody chooses their spouse as that's a life changing and often life affirming decision. Just unless given a reason to I'm not gonna automatically assume the worst everytime I see a Black man or woman with somebody non Black.

And the plot thickens. Could it be that these people with white wives are just trying to be accepted by whites and pissed off they aren’t?

Not saying any are, but…

Oh that's a big part of it. One easy give away to somebody in an interracial relationship is to always look at their friend groups. If they're always the only or one of 2 Black people in the group photo then 99.9% pure sell out. Those the ones to be weary of

No you don't bruh. lol He's another one of those people that just ignores or misses the point of what the other side is saying until the other side gets tired of the fight, and then he claims victory. That's not really entertaining for anyone.
That shit be frustrating as hell. Trying figure out if the goalpost moved or some shit

I'm not here for anyone's entertainment but my own.

Imma have discourse about what I want with who I want. Nothing you can do.

Play debate club with someone else. That shit is exhausting.

And respectfully @The Lonious Monk you haven't been playing devils advocate as much as you were years ago.

And respectfully @The Lonious Monk you haven't been playing devils advocate as much as you were years ago.

lol my bad I thought I was responding to you first not Monk.

Brother I don't care

Are you ok with your physician telling you to not smoke while he smokes on his breaks?
Stephen Curry Mean GIF

Brother I don't care

Lmao the nerve 😂

So you're gonna side eye this man knowing that he has a lifetime full of contributions and when he's dead and gone he'll have done more for blacks than you and the only thing you can say is well I slept with black women..

That's it??

That's what you got over kareems contributions or rather what made him side eye worthy and the rest of u niggaz that haven't done shit close to him, not?!?

Man was in the NBA I'm sure he got most of us on the black women he slept with too.

He never even married a becky, his first wife was black and one of his baby mothers he was with for a minute was white.

Yow this argument dumb

Lmao the nerve 😂

So you're gonna side eye this man knowing that he has a lifetime full of contributions and when he's dead and gone he'll have done more for blacks than you and the only thing you can say is well I slept with black women..

That's it??

That's what you got over kareems contributions or rather what made him side eye worthy and the rest of u niggaz that haven't done shit close to him, not?!?

Man was in the NBA I'm sure he got most of us on the black women he slept with too.

He never even married a becky, his first wife was black and one of his baby mothers he was with for a minute was white.

Yow this argument dumb
These guys don't live their raps. It just sounds good.

Lmao the nerve 😂

That's it??

Yow this argument dumb
Ok

That works for you

It doesn't for me

And I like how you and others keep conveniently leaving out that regardless of his contributions, I will still give him the side eye

Or let me put it plainly

Let's just use Kareem since he keeps being brought up

If Kareem was able to secure reparations for all US black people, I can still be happy at his contributions for making that happen but STILL look at him with a side eye for choosing to marry a white woman

Another thing I've noticed is that some of the posters who share the same views as you have openly admitted to dating, fucking etc white women white adjacent. I have never dated/slept with any of these types of women

Take from that what you will

You are correct. I'm more active at work than I used to be, so I don't have the time or desire to debate for the sake of debating anymore.

It's wild to me the shit y'all take the position of being black and white on (no pun) vs the shit y'all want to have nuance with

These guys don't live their raps. It just sounds good.
Guyanese
Canadian
Bunny hopper

I just don't see why you have an opinion on this subject. You don't come from a background of pro blackness, at all. What do you know? You sparked issues with me because of pro black rhetoric you hate reading

It's just weird you think you have something to say that matters here

You love white women more than anybody else on this site

Ok

That works for you

It doesn't for me

And I like how you and others keep conveniently leaving out that regardless of his contributions, I will still give him the side eye

Or let me put it plainly

Let's just use Kareem since he keeps being brought up

If Kareem was able to secure reparations for all US black people, I can still be happy at his contributions for making that happen but STILL look at him with a side eye for choosing to marry a white woman

Another thing I've noticed is that some of the posters who share the same views as you have openly admitted to dating, fucking etc white women white adjacent. I have never dated/slept with any of these types of women

Take from that what you will

You seem to see dating and or procreation with somebody that's not Black as a sign of someone's inherent view on Blackness itself and their value of it. And that's just not something you can measure without really knowing somebody. And that same scrutiny often isn't kept for things just as or even more potentially "damaging" than marrying outside somebody Black.

Given that getting somebody pregnant isn't exactly rocket science, using that as the sole or main determining factor to then cast doubt on an entire lifetime of work with no other evidence...yeah that's also gonna get you a side eye because the reasoning doesn't hold up under scrutiny without other evidence.

Back