Welcome To aBlackWeb

You agree that todays rappers are more street than the 90s rappers?

Don Dada

Most 90s rappers didnt rap about the life they rap about. Todays rappers like Lil Durk, King Von, Quando Rondo, Chief Keef, Lil Reese, Gucci Mane, 21 savage, da baby, max b, soulja boy(caught a body) , meek mill, bobby shmurda caught a body

6 mafia was rly never an maffia
outkast hippies
g rap\/rakim\scarface was just good rappers rappin with ahppend in the streets similiar to biggie nas and mobb deep
Biggest 90s rappers with mega hits like Will Smith and Mase was just frauds not busting their guns
Biggie never lived the life, Mobb Deep didn't, Jay was doing other ppl work lier, Ice cube got robbed and exposed for not being a gangster, Dr dre was not that the one who he claim to be, Nas was rly never living the Escobar style, Diddy got exposed for running many times in fights a coward. Eminem was making racist tapes

Not many ppl from the 90s rappers caught a body or shot som1 . C murder and Pac caught bodiez or shot some1

i agree with your premise. i’m not sure if the rappers today are “more street” but they certainly are more likely to shot and kill

Social…..media

Puts everything on front street so artists now a days feel tha need to be seen as opposed to artists “back in tha day” had tha folklore (word of mouth or an interview being published a lot of times a good while after what ever event happened)

Point is most niggaz now are just “doin’ shit for tha Gram” and not really caring about tha very real consequences….

The threshold of being an rapper/artist has been completely eliminated

Someone has a video, or few, on YouTube and something happens to em..."a rapper got killed"

And the music is a side dish in this subsection of entertainment were discussing... the primary driver is its a live action reality show where we get to see people bicker and eventually die...then theres cottage industries of sideline commentary on the events etc...the music itself is a secondary or tertiary accessory in most cases

I dont consider alot if these people rappers even though they rap...im sure most of us rapped to an extent at one point...dont make that what we are

Someone has a video, or few, on YouTube and something happens to em..."a rapper got killed"

And the music is a side dish in this subsection of entertainment were discussing... the primary driver is its a live action reality show where we get to see people bicker and eventually die...then theres cottage industries of sideline commentary on the events etc...the music itself is a secondary or tertiary accessory in most cases

I dont consider alot if these people rappers even though they rap...im sure most of us rapped to an extent at one point...dont make that what we are
perfect explanation

I was gonna say this pretty much

But also there was no social media and niggas were more secretive.

The 90's was more violent as a whole than now.

Niggas was still getting shot up and beat up back then.

A lot of these niggas would have been food in the 90's who niggas think are tough.

Street rappers are dumb anyway..

You finally found a way out of the streets but you wanna bring that lifestyle with you and end up getting shot or end up in jail.

Seems to me if you grew up in the streets/in the hood/in the ghetto, you'd try to use Hip Hop as a way to get out.

That's why people say 2Pac was hustling backwards. He found a way out of the ghetto but he wanted to gangbang when he was a millionaire, or should have been a millionaire. He could be doing what Will Smith is doing right now...fucking Jada Pinket and counting his money.

fuck him bro! This is not what I came up with myself I was watching Million worth of gamez and they was saying today rappers more street than the 90s

WillingRemarkableIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gif

Back