Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION WWYD: If your child was about to be jumped?

Would you be ok if they killed someone if they were about to be jumped?

• Total voters
So 1st to address the specifics of the article. He came to the game apparently with a friend or not alone. So if you beefing with a group of people inside the gym. Why you go outside by yourself?

Strictly speculation but he knew he had guns in the car and I believe he told them to see him outside.

While being jumped is not always unavoidable. In this specific situation, he wasn't using his situational awareness. That is something the youth lack way more than previous generations. Do a recon of the scene...where the dudes he came with and why his friends didn't step out with him? He lucky they didn't grab one of the other guns and shoot him.

Now if my son was in a situation where he is getting jump and he has access to a gun. I would not want him to aim to kill. There is a way to use a gun to get away and get niggas up off you. You can handicap the person with the right shot and not have a murder charge.

So my son will have proper weapons training like his momma does. I know how to use an assault rifle and a hand gun. More importantly I know how to use those items in high adrenaline situations. He will learn as well. Shooting off guns in a frantic hurried fashion with no training is why that other boy died.

My son being in prison for murder is not a consolation prize. Ain't no oh well you alive. No lil nigga you not suppose to get shot , die or go to jail. And u can avoid all these things without being a punk or soft ass lil boy.

So no not justified at all. He walked out alone knowing what it was and shooting all wild and shit. Gun should have been on hip when he was posted up outside the car..They run up...he aiming for kneecaps and shins( but you gotta be able shoot)

The problem with shooting to hurt is that person gonna come back when he heals with his gun and shoot to kill. You decide to let off a shot you make sure that person never gets back up

i mean somebody coming back can happen anyway it ain’t like this a big area

So 1st to address the specifics of the article. He came to the game apparently with a friend or not alone. So if you beefing with a group of people inside the gym. Why you go outside by yourself?

Strictly speculation but he knew he had guns in the car and I believe he told them to see him outside.

While being jumped is not always unavoidable. In this specific situation, he wasn't using his situational awareness. That is something the youth lack way more than previous generations. Do a recon of the scene...where the dudes he came with and why his friends didn't step out with him? He lucky they didn't grab one of the other guns and shoot him.

Now if my son was in a situation where he is getting jump and he has access to a gun. I would not want him to aim to kill. There is a way to use a gun to get away and get niggas up off you. You can handicap the person with the right shot and not have a murder charge.

So my son will have proper weapons training like his momma does. I know how to use an assault rifle and a hand gun. More importantly I know how to use those items in high adrenaline situations. He will learn as well. Shooting off guns in a frantic hurried fashion with no training is why that other boy died.

My son being in prison for murder is not a consolation prize. Ain't no oh well you alive. No lil nigga you not suppose to get shot , die or go to jail. And u can avoid all these things without being a punk or soft ass lil boy.

So no not justified at all. He walked out alone knowing what it was and shooting all wild and shit. Gun should have been on hip when he was posted up outside the car..They run up...he aiming for kneecaps and shins( but you gotta be able shoot)
His body is being grabbed or hit on as he reached for the gun. Also the other dudes were forcing their way in. How would he have time to aim at a particular body part in all that when they all are probably in awkward positions, in a small car? This happened at night so you probably only have the car light to provide visibility.

The game ended. He left a little bit earlier before the game ended because he saw the trouble. I dont know where his friend/s were at.

You can still kill someone even if you were aiming for a leg. You clip their artery, it is a wrap.

But I do agree with the gun training. Especially in high stress events.

Last edited:
Question, if your child is about to be jumped, how would you want them to defend theirself? im asking because recently a highschool boy was shot and killed in Va during a fight and now the shooter has given their side of the story and people are saying the shooting was justified. I disagree totally but I want to see if maybe im missing something here…

If he’s being jumped and has a weapon on him….use it

But in regards to just a regular brawl….it depends on the situation…

If my kid is being bullied and pushed around….imma tell him to stand up for himself even if it means taking an ass whooping

If he STARTED the drama and it’s his fault….he gotta take that ass whooping

If he was just minding his own business and a bunch of kids decided to randomly target him on the street….I’m going to help him. He’s not fighting alone

I'd be pissed if my kid brought a gun to school

If they knew they were going to be jumped then I'd intervene

If he was just jumped then I'd hope he does well. Nothing you can do then. I'd ask him for the names afterwards and handle it

I'm telling my kids to never start fights but they can finish them if someone starts one

its not justified. some shit you gotta eat. like im sure if your kid was the one that was shot and killed you would want it resolved another way

If I find out my kid jumped someone and got shot during so. Any parent gotta understand, that they kid was in the wrong. If u jumping anybody n they feel the need to protect themselves. You gotta deal w whatever comes. You chose to put that person in a situation where they knew their hands wasn't gonna be enough for them to be safe. Shiiiit, if anyone tried to jump meeee rn and I was strapped, someone def gettin popped...I might let off a warning shot first

If I find out my kid jumped someone and got shot during so. Any parent gotta understand, that they kid was in the wrong. If u jumping anybody n they feel the need to protect themselves. You gotta deal w whatever comes. You chose to put that person in a situation where they knew their hands wasn't gonna be enough for them to be safe. Shiiiit, if anyone tried to jump meeee rn and I was strapped, someone def gettin popped...I might let off a warning shot first

let off a warning shot where? lol

this ain't the movies or a video game

if you gon pull it, make sure you got a clean shot to hit your target & be aware of what's beyond your intended target if the bullet(s) over penetrate

i really feel
Like it because he came with a gun and felt something would happen. Judge probably like “you could’ve skipped the game”
Not only that...

I think the bigger problem is that niggaz equivocate telling the full story.... With snitching.

Like the courts know this and will execute the sentence on what you provide.

Even if real nigga testimony and an true report of the incident is known......niggaz almost instinctively give a different story to cops and courts....

Like every rationale person knows this was self defense.... But on record, that shit won't come out, and the story that does play out.... Ends up in this result

Back