Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Wu-Tang Celebrates 25 years

You from Staten?

BK originally but my baby momma from SI...I was already down south by ‘93 but I have always been East Coast bias and tha Wu is probably tha number 1 reason for this...they dropped enough heat collectively for me to not have to expand my horizons lol

BK originally but my baby momma from SI...I was already down south by ‘93 but I have always been East Coast bias and tha Wu is probably tha number 1 reason for this...they dropped enough heat collectively for me to not have to expand my horizons lol
I had some fam on the island around that time. My cousins know Rae. I use to come through and visit as a kid

I still think its wild how Rae and Ghost are like the dynamic duo of the Wu, but they were basically at war in the streets before the Wu started.

Enemies make the best friends sometimes

Cuban Linx is my favorite album of all time. A good chunk of that is because of the production, but Rae and Ghost's chemistry (NH) from that time is unmatched to me

Ok...long ass story but it’s one of tha GOAT times I ever had...

Lemme start off by again sayin’ Wu Tang Clan is my favorite hip-hop group ever not even close and anybody who knows me irl, 73 yr old Italian mother included, knows how this groups music/contributions shaped my teen years/early-mid 20’s....soooo

Back in ‘98 there was a Wu concert/show comin’ to a small town (Sumter), about 35 mins outside of Columbia...it sounded odd to me hearing tha advertisement on tha radio because even tho Cola rarely got good concerts back then they wouldn’t be skipped over for Sumter...anyway tha radio is promoting tha show for tha next weekend...

so I go to tha mall to grab some new Timbs to rock for tha show next week...when I walk out tha shoe store I see Inspectah Deck, U-God and Master Killa standing at a kiosk a few feet in front of me...now initially I thought they were some niggaz I worked wit or some shit cuz their faces were so familiar lmao...shit caught me off guard...first person I realize is a Wu member after tha shock was U God for some reason lol...Deck was tall af standing next to those lil niggaz but anyway...I say to myself but out loud “That’s U God!!”

...Master Killa hears me and walks over to me wit’ Deck and U God following...pounds exchange and normal “I’m a real fan” type shit and I tell them I’m actually buying boots for their concert tha next weekend...Deck tells me tha reason they’re at tha mall is b/c tha radio fucked up and been promoting tha show for tha wrong weekend...it’s actually that night...they ask me if I got tix...I say nah and they give me like 5 tix...now I’m tha only nigga in my circle that listens to East Coast hip-hop...so I know I don’t have anybody to go wit but I can’t tell THEM that so I graciously take tha tix and tell them I’ll be at tha show

Boom!! Fast forward a few hours I’m at tha show in a neighboring city that I don’t really fuck wit like that...solo dolo but IDGAF...I’M IN THERE!! Niggaz is rocking of course...Meth jumps in tha crowd and scuffs my boots but it’s w/e...this tha Wu!! Let’s go!! Everybody was there but ODB...Capp, Killarmy, Sunz of Man all them niggaz on stage...I’m high af and in Wu heaven lmao...

After tha show I’m waiting for tha crowd to thin out cuz I don’t do crowds usually and I’m sitting in tha bleachers and I see 2 cats that work wit me and we do tha whole “YOU fuck wit tha Wu too?!” reaction...we start chopping it up and we notice 2 older ladies making their way down tha bleachers so me and my nigga go help them down tha steps...they thank us and ask us where we’re from...we tell them we came from Cola for tha show...she says verbatim cuz I’ll never forget “Bobby!! Come here!!” She yells down tha hallway towards tha back...out from behind tha stage/bleachers comes the Rza!! It was his aunts...turned out half tha Wu was from Sumter or had moms, grandmas, and dads from there/living there...

Anyway she tell Tha Rza we helped them and we were from tha city and came all this way to see them and he says...again verbatim cuz I’ll never forget...”Y’all comin’ to tha club Son??”...NIGGA!!

So on tha way to tha club it’s a caravan of a Wu Tang Forever album wrapped van...a Rza Bobby Digital album wrapped van...a Wu Tang Killa Bees: The Swarm album wrapped van...a Killarmy Dirty Weaponary album wrapped van...my nigga Ford truck and my Pathfinder...we go in tha side door wit tha whole crew...niggaz smoking tree and drinkin...Rza rocking his Bobby Digital mask...I think he said summin about Master P owing him some money for a sample he used and that’s who he was talking about when he said “I outta punch a hole in ya palms wit my pointy ass rings!!” I was drunk n high by then tho so I could be making that part up lol

I was twisted when I left...I remember not seeing my niggaz again at work for like 3 weeks cuz they wrecked on tha way back to Cola...broken arms and legs and all...never asked them but I bet you they’d say it was worth it lmao...

So that’s why...

EF71AD29-CD53-4BAD-8CB7-31E342C4EE22.gif

Back