Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would you wear this out

No.

I am a positive thinker and try to surround myself with positive thoughts as much as possible and though the concept is to pay homage to those we've lost and bring attention to an already out of hand matter , it is a dress full of loss and death and to think of them brings automatic sadness and disgust with the system who murdered them.

This will not resonate positive vibes, thoughts and feelings.

So...no.

Fucc that...I'm GOAT'ing.

Everyone pays homage their own way. So i f this her way of making sure NO one forgets, then cudos to her.

Obviously it working cuz it caught folks attention. We should never forget the lives lost at the hands of police

Fucc that...I'm GOAT'ing.

Everyone pays homage their own way. So i f this her way of making sure NO one forgets, then cudos to her.

Obviously it working cuz it caught folks attention. We should never forget the lives lost at the hands of police
But do that mean throw it on a dress?

Folks throw it on t-shirts, hoodies, pants, skirts, etc. This isn't any different
Eh, context matters. In those cases they're usually wearing them at events of remembrance (vigils, marches, etc.) she wore it to a prom which is supposed to be a light hearted event. The dress kind of taints that atmosphere, and I could easily see a family member being offended that their relative's face is on a person's prom night dress, since it brings attention to the wearer and less so the victims imo.

Folks throw it on t-shirts, hoodies, pants, skirts, etc. This isn't any different

I don't really like faces on shirts either but it's not the same. A high school prom is a small formal event. Going to a prom in some shit that looks like a photo blanket with lace on top is ugly.

Just because the concept is great don't mean the dress is cute. The dress is ugly.

That's almost like saying a nigga who donate millions of dollars to great causes is automatically sexy af because his concept is great. Nigga may look like a pure ape.

Ehh...either way people are talkin about it.

Again I appreciate the effort of her shedding light on it.

I just think it was the right occasion to wear it.
And i understand the familes being upset about it.

There is a time and a place for everything.

Wait...arw the families upset about it? I haven't seen any reports on that.

Ppl said the same thing about Beyoncé's halftime Superbowl performance in regards to it being the wrong time, wrong place arguing that they just wanted to have fun, enjoy the game minus political statements or "propaganda".

I assume she was making a statement with this dress, but ehhh...I personally wouldn't wear that to a prom tho.

Back