Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would you keep or cancel your ex spouse as a beneficiary on your life insurance?

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
Ya'll were married, but for whatever reason, got a divorce

ya'lls relationship may range from dope ass coparents to toxic exes

Ya'll were both beneficiaries of each other's life insurance policies at one point but ya'll are no longer together, but you do have kids

You can get remarried and get a new policy, or name your new spouse the beneficiary, but what do you do about the one with the ex?

I'd leave her on there. She can be like fuck me forever if we divorced for fucked up reasons. Doesn't mean she would fuck our kids over money wise no matter how she felt about me.

Now if she remarried I would change it and only have the kids on there.

I'd leave her on there. She can be like fuck me forever if we divorced for fucked up reasons. Doesn't mean she would fuck our kids over money wise no matter how she felt about me.

good answer

i would probably do the same

All depends on the character

I'd leave it with my children's mother....she doesnt need it and would only do right by them.

If I didnt feel the same about another person I'd have to cancel, it just makes sense.

also this...

she gonna be taken care of, the kids gonna be taken care of...divorce or not, that's still my family and responsibility....

but if she get remarried, then she's no longer my responsibility as far as i'm concerned...... but my kids are.....so they'll stay and she'll get dropped

also this...

she gonna be taken care of, the kids gonna be taken care of...divorce or not, that's still my family and responsibility....

but if she get remarried, then she's no longer my responsibility as far as i'm concerned...... but my kids are.....so they'll stay and she'll get dropped
this is how i view it...you gotta pay the shit anyway, so as long as it falls under these parameters, my responsibility is to my children and to provide her with financial resources in the event of an untimely demise

if she remarries, then yeah, ya new husband gotta make sure you good but im still leaving my kid(s) on it

also this...

not mr secure lol

ya'll scared she gone buy new dick a truck?

what happened to overcoming pride?

I'm not understanding the logic behind keeping an ex spouse on the policy.

Ex=no more, finished, past tense, prior, etc.

If we're finished, it goes to the kids. If we never had kids, then it goes to my moms, my siblings, and their kids.

I'm not understanding the logic behind keeping an ex spouse on the policy.

Ex=no more, finished, past tense, prior, etc.

If we're finished, it goes to the kids. If we never had kids, then it goes to my moms, my siblings, and their kids.
the kids still have to have a means to survive whether that be financially or whatever

the hope is that just b/c the two of you didnt work in a marriage, that they would do right by the kids

the kids still have to have a means to survive whether that be financially or whatever

the hope is that just b/c the two of you didnt work in a marriage, that they would do right by the kids

That's why the money is left directly to the kids.

Waaaaaaaaaaay too often money is left in the ex's care and it goes towards her lifestyle and when the kids are of age there's no money left for school, etc.

That's why the money is left directly to the kids.

Waaaaaaaaaaay too often money is left in the ex's care and it goes towards her lifestyle and when the kids are of age there's no money left for school, etc.

thats a valid point, but again, once you gone, you have no say as to how your kids gonna spend the money anyway

but ofc, you could get an attorney to specify the criteria in which the money can be spent...i assume??

thats a valid point, but again, once you gone, you have no say as to how your kids gonna spend the money anyway

but ofc, you could get an attorney to specify the criteria in which the money can be spent...i assume??

Right, but let THEM spend it. If they fuck it off, that's one thing, but for it to be gone before they even get to touch it??? Nah b, can't let that happen.

Back