Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would You Cut Your Friend Off For Being A Deadbeat Parent?

I deadass couldn't be friends with a nigga who just decided to not take care of or raise his kids.

I could go find several more examples. I’ve LITERALLY been saying this for years. Not that my few close patnas would ever need that kinda straightening. But I’d definitely do what I could to help a nigga understand that his children are his responsibility and that he needs to honor that. But if that nigga just decides he doesn’t wanna do that - ESPECIALLY IF HE ON SOME SUPER SUCKER SHIT LIKE THIS BASED ON THEIR MOM FINDING A NEW MAN - I couldn’t continue being friends with that nigga.

As a friend, there are very few things that will cause me to cut you out of my life. But abandoning your children is one of them.

For those who said it wouldn't have been an issue when you were younger...why? What at any point in time could make you excuse you're friend intentionally abandoning their child?

I did this.

My boy who I was close with fell out of it with baby moms and moved across the country. He called me to vent. I was like fam wtf up with you? What bout your daughter? He said he'll go see her like once every six months.

I was taken aback like a mfer. I was like how you even ok doing that? How you not trying to stay close by and coparent?

He had some wild reasons.

I told him he need to go back and coparent cause his daughter need him. He wasnt hearing it.

Told him he a wild mfer and to not call me no more. That was the last time I talked to him.

For those who said it wouldn't have been an issue when you were younger...why? What at any point in time could make you excuse you're friend intentionally abandoning their child?
Just being young and not understanding the affect it was having on the child. I was under the mindset of I can't make a dude take care of his responsibility I can only focus on my own responsibility

Because you don't usually know the fulll story in your 20s, you only know what people tell you. Nobody words it like "I'm just gonna abandon these kids bro". Dude in the car was super honest about his reason for being a loser and that's rare. Most folks lie or make up a different reason and when I was younger I wasn't that invested in everybody life because I was getting my own ish together. Friends in your 30s are different because those kinds of friends take effort and time.

One of the things I've been proud to say is that my homeboys...and also the men in my family...take care of their kids.

Would I stop being friends with him...I dunno. Not really my business.

But best believe I'd constantly remind his azzz about being an ain't shyt father.

And how it's gonna come back on him.

AND throw it in his face when his child wants nothing to wit him when decides he want to be in their life

And...AAAANNNDDD...clown his azzz when said child becomes successful and he gets left out.

So no...I wouldn't cut him off. I wanna be an irritant. Just so i can have front row seats of the shyt he's gonna miss out. And then laugh at his dumbazzz for not accepting his responsibilities.

Back