Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Women's clothing making other women "uncomfortable"

1/2

Dont drank out my drank, foo
Aight so we got some workplace bullshit going on right now with certain women going to HR about what other women have on.

Before I go in on them, I want the ladies honest opinion.

How does/can another womans clothes make YOU uncomfortable?

For the record we're not talking about anything extreme. No meth mom at the PTA meeting type shit.

Have ya'll ever seen a woman walk by and thought "aight I've had enough, im going to HR"

post anon if you want, shit.....i just want real answers

My senior (lady) is always talking shit about another ladies clothes. Saying her dress is too short, or she's has too much titty showing.
She's a FOB so she wouldn't go to management.

But I think it boils down to them feeling like the other lady is getting an unfair advantage from male supervisors.

Aight so we got some workplace bullshit going on right now with certain women going to HR about what other women have on.

Before I go in on them, I want the ladies honest opinion.

How does/can another womans clothes make YOU uncomfortable?

For the record we're not talking about anything extreme. No meth mom at the PTA meeting type shit.

Have ya'll ever seen a woman walk by and thought "aight I've had enough, im going to HR"

post anon if you want, shit.....i just want real answers

Women hate on other women all the time, especially if a chick seems to be getting more male attention than others.

My senior (lady) is always talking shit about another ladies clothes. Saying her dress is too short, or she's has too much titty showing.
She's a FOB so she wouldn't go to management.

But I think it boils down to them feeling like the other lady is getting an unfair advantage from male supervisors.

Women hate on other women all the time, especially if a chick seems to be getting more male attention than others.

I could see that, but this situation aint it smh

this is the same chick that was having the issues with the delivery guys

my department is closed off and she barely even comes out......and she damn sure aint getting no advantage, she' probably at the lowest position here

but YEAH.....the delivery guys aint lollygagging around on that other side.....Hi and bye lmao

who goes to HR with that though?

I could see that, but this situation aint it smh

this is the same chick that was having the issues with the delivery guys

my department is closed off and she barely even comes out......and she damn sure aint getting no advantage, she' probably at the lowest position here

but YEAH.....the delivery guys aint lollygagging around on that other side.....Hi and bye lmao

who goes to HR with that though?
Frumpy white woman

Idc what ppl wear to work to the point I felt compelled to go to hr, but I’ve had issues at least two of my jobs. Once when I was a teacher a fellow teacher complained abt my... are you ready?.... sleeves. Sleeves my nigga!

The other one was somebody complained that I dressed too sexy. Not that my clothes too short, tight or revealing, sexy. I was like so a burlap sack tmrw? Smh

I'm interested to know the T/S reason for starting this thread. Like what are you trying to get to the bottom of? Serious question. No hate.

I'm just trippin off the shit

I couldn't go around work asking, but I really just wanted to hear from some women why or when they would feel compelled to do something like this. Or even just tell about a time where a broad came in the room with her ass out and they may not have told nobody, but they felt the pressure lol

I was kinda mad the girl is getting picked on because she's in my dept and dont bother nobody....but the shit is hilarious when I think about it....that's like another guy in the office pulls up in the new S550 and I'm like "nah....uh uh.....see I cant focus with this shit going on....he gone have to take the rims off or sumn"

:kobe:

Anyway that's why I offered anonymity lol...I understand it may not even be cool to talk about but I WANNA KNOW

Idc what ppl wear to work to the point I felt compelled to go to hr, but I’ve had issues at least two of my jobs. Once when I was a teacher a fellow teacher complained abt my... are you ready?.... sleeves. Sleeves my nigga!

The other one was somebody complained that I dressed too sexy. Not that my clothes too short, tight or revealing, sexy. I was like so a burlap sack tmrw? Smh

Yup smh.....

Yesterday it was her sleeves....before it was yoga/stretch pants.....but this is the thing....other much less attractive women wear leggings that are all loose in the bottom and nobody says shit

Hell, the HR lady herself be in short ass skirts

But ain't nobody stopping for a double take you feel me? Lol

Reactions: Lea
I think women should be able to dress however they want. I hate the amount of assimilation it requires in order to be accepted or taken seriously in the workplace. Like, everyone should just be themselves so we can see who you truly are.

Black women are usually built a lil thicker than other women so it always feel racist to me when someone says we're dressed inappropriately. Cause it's typically a comment on the body type and how it looks in the garment than the outfit itself.

I see other women get away with short skirts, off the shoulder tops, tanks, flip flops,etc... Meanwhile I can barely wear a v neck without feeling like I need to cover up.

I keep a shawl in the office anyways cause it's always cold...

I think women should be able to dress however they want. I hate the amount of assimilation it requires in order to be accepted or taken seriously in the workplace. Like, everyone should just be themselves so we can see who you truly are.

Black women are usually built a lil thicker than other women so it always feel racist to me when someone says we're dressed inappropriately. Cause it's typically a comment on the body type and how it looks in the garment than the outfit itself.

I see other women get away with short skirts, off the shoulder tops, tanks, flip flops,etc... Meanwhile I can barely wear a v neck without feeling like I need to cover up.

I keep a shawl in the office anyways cause it's always cold...
i think i know what you mean, but could you elaborate on you think women should be able to dress however they want?

Lol she probably don’t want her husband to get a look at ole girl when he comes by on a Tuesday to drop off lunch.

Or maybe he already did, and came back there all giddy on some “Hey Cheryl have you seen the ARMS on the new girl at the front desk? Apparently she used to run track in college, REALLY nice girl.”

*holding back rage and knowing the nigga was focused on more than just the arms*

“Oh you introduced yourself already? Well aren’t you just Mr. Friendly.”

“Well I always said hi to the old receptionist too, but I’ll admit Janice was a little hard on the eyes.”

Cheryl:

6128E076-CE52-4A15-9932-4B91177C3266.png

*immediately opens up email to HR*

Last edited:
I'm just trippin off the shit

I couldn't go around work asking, but I really just wanted to hear from some women why or when they would feel compelled to do something like this. Or even just tell about a time where a broad came in the room with her ass out and they may not have told nobody, but they felt the pressure lol

I was kinda mad the girl is getting picked on because she's in my dept and dont bother nobody....but the shit is hilarious when I think about it....that's like another guy in the office pulls up in the new S550 and I'm like "nah....uh uh.....see I cant focus with this shit going on....he gone have to take the rims off or sumn"

:kobe:

Anyway that's why I offered anonymity lol...I understand it may not even be cool to talk about but I WANNA KNOW

I guess the bolded is where I'm confused. You already know why they did it. The lady at work blatantly said why she did it, right? Because she felt uncomfortable. From your reply - and I could be wrong - it seems like you might think they had some sort of ulterior motive besides exactly what they said it was.

If that is the case, why don't you think it could be what she said - that she was made uncomfortable?

the HR woman told the girl someone mentioned it making them uncomfortable.....we dont know who

shit was so wild to me I made a thread bro lol....it wasnt deep

but yeah maybe somebody could have cleared it up like "nah i dont like that shit either, cover your tits"

that would have at least made me give the other side of it some merit lol

the HR woman told the girl someone mentioned it making them uncomfortable.....we dont know who

shit was so wild to me I made a thread bro lol....it wasnt deep

but yeah maybe somebody could have cleared it up like "nah i dont like that shit either, cover your tits"

that would have at least made me give the other side of it some merit lol

Naw, I get what you're saying. But you just illustrated my question. Why would you need someone else to co-sign it before you give it some merit?

Why wouldn't you give it merit already? Just trying to understand.

• Goat
Reactions: 1/2
Back