Welcome To aBlackWeb

Windrush generation: Who are they and why are they facing problems?

My mother came to the UK when she was 10yo and is exempt due to coming on British passport.

It’s wild just thinking they could ask my mother to leave.

Grandparents came first and got setup before sending for my mum and uncle. Same issue on my fathers side too.

My grandad got here in the late 40’s and there was a lot of segregation.

wait.....that sounds funny....
an american living in switzerland but visiting people from st lucia and nigeria in the UK to celebrate a trini celebration

Carnival is the best day in Europe fam last year the weather was beautiful the tings were out in full, full force
i hope so...im there the whole weekend...nothing but eating and drinking..wifey will be with me ...so limited fuckery

My mother came to the UK when she was 10yo and is exempt due to coming on British passport.

It’s wild just thinking they could ask my mother to leave.

Grandparents came first and got setup before sending for my mum and uncle. Same issue on my fathers side too.

My grandad got here in the late 40’s and there was a lot of segregation.

Both parents Jamaican?

i thought tarred and feathered was bugs bunny type shit....they really did that?

Tarred and feathered was a common form of humiliation and punishment... It was used alot on the American frontier, I think it was used during the American revolution too...

Its mad all this is coming around during the Commonwealth Games too, the fckn world is going crazy... The Irish side of my family were subjected to alot of abuse too as they game over to England during alot of the trouble between the two countries, though the abuse the Irish I think got in America was alot worse...

Hopefully its stopped in time:

SOURCE:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43792411

'Prime Minister Theresa May has apologised to Caribbean leaders over the Windrush generation controversy, at a Downing Street meeting.

She said she was "genuinely sorry" about the anxiety caused by the Home Office threatening the children of Commonwealth citizens with deportation.

The UK government "valued" the contribution they had made, she said, and they had a right to stay in the UK.

It comes amid reports some are still facing deportation.

The deportation of one man, which had been due to take place on Wednesday, has been halted following an intervention by Labour MP David Lammy.

The Tottenham MP said the mother of 35-year-old Mozi Haynes got in touch saying her son was due to be removed from the country after two failed applications to stay.'

Last edited:
Back