Welcome To aBlackWeb

Will this be the year that defines the rest of the decade?

They don’t accept this from hip hop on a mainstream level anymore. But this can be a whole other conversation.
Lately I have been feeling like the whole drill genre has been the worst thing to happen to hip hop. But what really came first tho…the chicken or the egg?

Niggas somewhat rapping about thier reality…but instead of reporting and using it to bring awareness…these dudes using the music to perpetuate beefs, talk about actual murders and disrespect the victims.

Crazy that the music has actually been the cause of so much death. Its really not conjecture either.

Sounds like a new ABW thread series:

Who really killed hiphop?
50 cent?
the south?
skinny jeans?
autotune?

steve-urkel-detective.gif

Lol it’s like the music gods said “We’ll give Hip Hop 50 years to live then we’ll let this Afrobeats shit take over….you don’t even know about it do you”????

Lately I have been feeling like the whole drill genre has been the worst thing to happen to hip hop. But what really came first tho…the chicken or the egg?

Niggas somewhat rapping about thier reality…but instead of reporting and using it to bring awareness…these dudes using the music to perpetuate beefs, talk about actual murders and disrespect the victims.

Crazy that the music has actually been the cause of so much death. Its really not conjecture either.
They stopped spray painting and took gangbanging on wax

Autotune…..no genre has exacerbated and abused autotune more than Hip-Hop/R&B and it worsened the quality of our sound overall
Nah bro every single genre uses auto tune I don’t think there is a record out that doesn’t have any auto tuning

I mean before Drill we had gangsta rap I don’t feel like that old school west coast shit was trying bring awareness to me drill just showing capitalism in rap. We lost plenty rappers before Drill and it didn’t wake anybody up.

Lol @ thinking hip hop is dead or dying

It's the most popular form of musical expression ON THE PLANET.

You might as well start saying singing is dead. Or using instruments is dead. Or humming is dead

Back