Welcome To aBlackWeb

dontdiedontkillanyone

Show some love, you losers!
Steve McQueen’s Widows gets a pulsating first trailer

Viola Davis and Michelle Rodriguez head up an all-star cast in the director’s female-driven heist thriller.

It feels like an age since the last time Steve McQueen had a new film out. Thankfully, we don’t have to wait too much longer for the British writer/director’s hotly-anticipated fourth feature, Widows.

Penned by McQueen and Gone Girl screenwriter Gillian Flynn, the film is set in present-day Chicago and follows four women who are brought together following their dead husbands’ failed heist attempt. After a period of grieving, they decide to finish the job their fellas started and, judging by this first-look trailer, all hell breaks loose.

Alongside Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, Elizabeth Debicki and Cynthia Erivo in the lead roles, McQueen’s follow-up to his Oscar-sweeping 2013 drama 12 Years a Slave boasts an extraordinary supporting cast of Colin Farrell, Daniel Kaluuya, Garret Dillahunt, Carrie Coon, Jacki Weaver, Jon Bernthal, Robert Duvall and Liam Neeson.

1708909153757.png

The film is scheduled for release on 9 November, 2018. Check out the first trailer below and share your thoughts with us @LWLies

PUBLISHED 4 JUN 2018

http://lwlies.com/articles/widows-first-trailer-stve-mcqueen-viola-davis/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm... Just hearing about this for the first time... Literally went under the radar

And is it a coincidence female heist thrillers are making a comeback with Ocean's 8 being released too?

Definitely watching this, Steve McQueen is a great director and Viola Davis is one of the best in the game.

I'm debating if I wana watch the second trailer for this......I want it to be as fresh as possible for when I see it in theaters

Anybody else checking this out tonight? My lady and I will be.

Saw it last night. Honestly...it was meh.

I one point I dozed off...and i don't even do that.

Some of the scenes felt like they were the deleted scenes in the DVD featurette. I kinda expected more. Felt incomplete.

Saw it last night. Honestly...it was meh.

I one point I dozed off...and i don't even do that.

Some of the scenes felt like they were the deleted scenes in the DVD featurette. I kinda expected more. Felt incomplete.

Haven't seen it but exactly what I thought from the trailers.

I watched it and thought it was brilliant.

The way it was shot was brilliant.

Viola Davis was great daniel kaluuya can say everything with his facial expressions.

It put shine on a lot of situations.
Really addressed politics

I'm going to see it again

Back