Why y'all niggas scurred to be great?

If how the current home schooling situation for many kids hasn't shown you that not everyone has equal access to things as simple as a local library or even working internet then you've missed alot. Many do not have these things you're suggesting are a hop.skip and jump away
and its people currently working to get wifi sticks to the people who cant afford it so the kids can compete.

Louisville
Jacksonville
Nellyville

Idc. You gotta get out that bubble b and have some other experiences b

no smoke but
would you call me living in a bubble?

plenty of white people are born into money and are fuck up.
plenty of black people are geniuses but dont have the access.

asking questions brings conversation and solutions or at least light to the problem that needs solving.

as long as no one is hurling insults....whats the issue?

The issue is that threads like these are shitting on unsuccesful people.

A person born into wealth and being shitted on its cool. Well deserved.

But we in here saying why are people that are born into circumstances where they have to work 100 times as hard as others not pulling themselves up with their bootstrap.

Shit is not a constructive conversation

and whats the other options?

There arent ghettos and prisons and poverty because people lack initiative

I kno' those of us who aren't strugglin' love to think it was entirely our own volition that got us there but that's almost definitely not true at all.

The solutions are obvious bro

But we in here saying why are people that are born into circumstances where they have to work 100 times as hard as others not pulling themselves up with their bootstrap.

"But we in here saying why are people that are born into circumstances where they have to work 100 times as hard as others not pulling themselves up with their bootstrap."

No one said that. Give an example of this.

Louisville
Jacksonville
Nellyville

Idc. You gotta get out that bubble b and have some other experiences b

What the hell you talking about lol. What I'm speaking on is really a broad behavior and mentality found across the planet. Religion and politics are two very prominent things well beyond my city that people put much faith in globally. Where are people not doing this at?

Shitting in unsuccessful people?
Why someone born into wealth should be shitted on?

These threads get like this because people think people feel a type of way about what's being said.

You know very well that success don't equal wealth and can be defined by a person's idea of success.

To me this thread is about self reliance so black people won't have to lean on a system and people who don't like us. And to do that we need to begin to build towards that...Starting with mind frame and trust and believe in self.

That's not shitting on people or anyone.

I kno' those of us who aren't strugglin' love to think it was entirely our own volition that got us there but that's almost definitely not true at all.

Please help me understand. What's obvious?

What are these obvious solutions?

Not to thread-jack, but that is the one sticking point I have with the ADOS movement. Personally, I don't want anyone calling me an 'African Descendant of Slaves', not in 2020. And the whole reparations thing. So, once they pay us off, then what? Will we not be unable to talk about slavery anymore? Just doesn't do anything for me, especially if money is going to be the handout.

Yeah ion do the whole reparations thing at all. I think technically were due but not holding my breath and protesting for the same mofos people claim hate us and oppress us to give us money

What the hell you talking about lol. What I'm speaking on is really a broad behavior and mentality found across the planet. Religion and politics are two very prominent things well beyond my city that people put much faith in globally. Where are people not doing this at?
Just wanted to use nellyville in a sentence that wasn't about the album

That is all

• Haha
Reactions: Fightbackmode2005

This thread not shitting on unsuccessful people it's shitting on delusional people who need to depend on various forms of illusion religion,politics, etc. For security. Instead of dealing with the REALITY of being self reliant and saving self.

And y'all real caught up on this boot strap shit too lol. Like I'm against various forms of assistance smh. Sound like y'all want to baby and coddle folk really. Why folk retarded now.

• Ether
Reactions: DOS_patos
Bro, nearly every town has a local library. I'm not buying the excuse of not having access to the resources that could get a person out of a dormant situation (books, Internet, etc.). Like the OP said, those who want to do better will find a way.

No offense to you, but I really dislike hearing people throw out all these 'shackles' instead of focusing on breaking away from the hold-backs.

Have you read this book?

Amazon.com: Breaking the Chains of Psychological Slavery (9780935257052):  Na'im Akbar: Books'im Akbar: Books

It delves into exactly what you are describing. People are mentally holding themselves back.

There's a difference between a reason and an excuse. You can not believe it all you want but a simple google search will tell you that not everyone has as easy access to these things as you believe. Thats just the reality of life. You talk about throwing out shackles instead of breaking away when you wont even acknowledge they exist and how all people aren't provided the same access to the tools needed to break free from them. You cant want to help people but ignore the circumstances they actually need help from.

People's resources may not be at that level at any given time and that's cool said I'm not against government assistance if legitimately needed . I'm talking about people's mentality overall towards these ideologies and leaning on them for security and a savior as if guaranteed.There's not always gonna be some external bs to lean on for your survival. Your greatest security is relying upon self. Thats just reality, if person has internal issues with processing that thats just an internal issue that needs to be dealt with for them.

Yeah it may be an internal issue but it didnt just appear out of thin air. There are outside forces that contribute to it. And you cant ignore them or just tell a person to get over it. That's not how life or human beings work. Until those outside forces are addressed then it's just gonna be a circular path of repetition and not actual forward progress

Reactions: Scandalust313