Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why Was The Ulitmate Warrior's Title Run A Failure?

Lion_Heart

I was a fan as a kid. I loved his energy, the face paint, etc. It wasn't until I got older that I realize his promos made no sense but arguably he was the second most popular WWF wrestler at the time. It's got to be more than his lack of wrestling skills (Hulk Hogan's were limited as well).

I think they explained it: he was a gimmick. Not built for any real long-term recognition. He's good for spurts of energy, but they needed a face that would have a longer lasting appeal per every appearance. He didn't appeal to the "everyman", like Hogan or even Savage did as a face champ.

Plus, he didn't have many friends backstage. That didn't help.

Last edited:
I think they explained it: he was a gimmick. Not built for any real long-term recognition. He's good for spurts of energy, but they needed a face that would have a longer lasting appeal per every appearance. He didn't appeal to the "everyman", like Hogan or even Savage did as a face champ.

Plus, he had a few enemies in the locker room. That didn't help.

How did Hogan appealed to the "everyman" though? Aside from the say your prayers and eat your vitamins etc. (and his theme song) He was portrayed as a blond muscle man who you would see workout in like Venice Beach or something.

How did Hogan appealed to the "everyman" though? Aside from the say your prayers and eat your vitamins etc. He was portrayed as a blond muscle man who you would see workout in like Venice Beach or something.
Hogan was built to appeal to the everyday American. He was a living, breathing superhero in the 80s, one that kids aspired to be. I think that's what made him a household name. Dudes wanted to be him, kids wanted to look up to him, and I'm sure women wanted to marry him.

Warrior had one of those appeals, but he was just too...OUT THERE to relate to.

For the record: he was my favorite wrestler in the 80s and 90s, until the Rock and the Crow Sting came along.

Hogan was built to appeal to the everyday American. He was a living, breathing superhero in the 80s, one that kids aspired to be. I think that's what made him a household name. Dudes wanted to be him, kids wanted to look up to him, and I'm sure women wanted to marry him.

Warrior had one of those appeals, but he was just too...OUT THERE to relate to.

For the record: he was my favorite wrestler in the 80s and 90s, until the Rock and the Crow Sting came along.

Okay, I get what you are saying. I'm checking out the video you posted right now.

Why the hate for Warrior?
Where do we start.

He is a legit known racist.

He made fun of Bobby The Brains cancer and said he deserved the way he turned out crippled from it and Hope's he died from it.

He has said alot of bad things about minorities and black issues and how it's our fault we get gunned down and what not. Alot of hard shit hard to listen to

Alot more shit that is easily found on internet about him and his home videos.

Where do we start.

He is a legit known racist.

He made fun of Bobby The Brains cancer and said he deserved the way he turned out crippled from it and Hope's he died from it.

He has said alot of bad things about minorities and black issues and how it's our fault we get gunned down and what not. Alot of hard shit hard to listen to

Alot more shit that is easily found on internet about him and his home videos.

Word? I got some research to do.

Back