Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why Was Ja Rule Popular?

Pac and Big dying left a space in the game. X and Ja fit that late career, Death Row era image of Pac that people had in their minds. You mix that with some quality music and some hits and it's easy to see how ja was pushed to the forefront of hiphop at that time.

Pac and Big dying left a space in the game. X and Ja fit that late career, Death Row era image of Pac that people had in their minds. You mix that with some quality music and some hits and it's easy to see how ja was pushed to the forefront of hiphop at that time.

Master P, no limit and beats by the pound filled the void left by Pac too.

Do you guys think he was good at rapping?

Because his songs with Ashanti were catchy radio singles. But as far as rapping goes, there were a ton of better rappers at the time.
I thought he was pretty good. I can’t quote a top bar from him so he wasn’t a Jay/Nas/X or anything, but he was ok.

If he was rapping now he’d be top 5 lyrically, lol. He was a victim of the golden age too. Just look at his peer group, sheesh. Competition was crazy at that time.

6ft underground was the song that reeled me in....

Plus I like to dance with women... Them tracks with Ashanti and Lil Mo, that run used to be the shit back in college.... can't hate on ja...

And till this day he spit the hardest bars at em I ever heard in my life

Your mom's a crack head, your wife is a known slut,
So what you think Hailey gonna be when she grows up?

The fact that ja still breathing after saying that shit let me know these rap niggaz really ain't bout that shooting shit... Cuz that shit hurt my soul and a nigga didn't even have kids back then

fastandfurious-monica.gif

He was a decent rapper that made radio friendly music.

I remember my wife said "I think Tupac was the best rapper ever, and Ja Rule is a close 2" when we first started dating. I seriously considered dropping her after she said that.

Back