Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Why voting still matters: the 2024 election survival guide

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator

I normally do not watch long ass videos but this one was different. Been following this young lady for a while now and she imo really presents her pov in an easy to digest manner for those like me who may not be as immersed in politics 24/7.

I thought her and the guests/clips that were used were really good. I felt like they came from a place of providing nuance and context and not black and white/cut and dry like many of the ABW interactions end up in.

I listened to it in parts cause it's so much information. I ended up listening on a long ass road trip and then here and there as I drove around town. Took me maybe 3 days?

At either rate, would really like to discuss what you all thought of it regardless of where you fall on the voting spectrum

3 hours? Lawd. Ill try to catch some of it at work tomorrow.

After watching this joint where did you end up landing on voting overall?

Personally, it's a tool and should be viewed as such but I have more grace for people who are just disgusted by the process to the point where they choose not to vote.

One thing that was said that I hope I'm not butchering is "black people won't vote because they feel like they didn't get anything they wanted... White people won't vote because they feel like they didn't get everything they wanted".

It's ok to criticize the Democratic party (which I feel most of us have been doing) and still try to hold them accountable (which I feel like most of us have been doing) and still be disappointed at the shit they've rolled out (which I feel .. You see where I'm going with this)

But I promise you brother, I feel it was worth every second

Fear mongering doesn't work on me when it comes to elections, but I'll try to remember this and watch it.

I like long youtube videos tbh.

Fear mongering doesn't work on me when it comes to elections, but I'll try to remember this and watch it.

I like long youtube videos tbh.
Fwiw, it's definitely not any fear mongering going on in that video

But would like to know what you thought when you're done

I probably won't bother with the president since I'm in California, but I'll research local elections and what judges are up.

I will check this out though.

Last edited:
Started watching, but it was taking a long time to get things going. I think the intro was 20+ minutes. That was long, so I skipped forward and some lady was saying there's an anti-trans genocide going on (wtf?).

I'm down with maybe going back to watch, but what IS the video? They discussing issues? Pointing out the impact of voting? The impact of not voting? Dispelling misconceptions about voting?

Started watching, but it was taking a long time to get things going. I think the intro was 20+ minutes. That was long, so I skipped forward and some lady was saying there's an anti-trans genocide going on (wtf?).

I'm down with maybe going back to watch, but what IS the video? They discussing issues? Pointing out the impact of voting? The impact of not voting? Dispelling misconceptions about voting?
The intro helps set the table about what is going on in the video

There are chapters

She explicitly explains what the video is and isn't. You owe it yourself to get all the context before you skip around, land on a segment about trans rights only to be confused about what that segment was about

I gave it a shot. Got like 45 minutes in but for me it's pretty much just preaching to the choir.

The people that need to see this probably won't and that's fine.

I understand why people still feel the need to vote, and I won't knock anyone for doing it. That said, I didn't vote for Biden the first time, and he's given me even less reason to vote for him this time.

He's better than Trump, but the Dems can't be allowed to run on a "He's better than Trump" platform and get away with it.

Back