Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why Isn't ABW Court Utilized More Often?

Chicity

Certified Boogie Man
Site Administrator
Here we stand at another forum wide social change. Folks are running around yelling Defund The Mods or creating an Internal Affairs Group for the mods. Some are even trying to squeeze into a spot of their own because they feel there is no accountability for the mods and yet....no one has utilized the courts system in easily a yr. Why put the onus on how many every ppl this committee forms when a majority of the site, or at least the section the trial is happening in could be judge jury and executioner?

Before I state my reasoning, I'd like to ask everyone else....why did the courts shut down?

subs.

The last couple court cases I remember the folks involved pretty much fucked it off like naaaaah im good.. or the judges/lawyers bailed or something lol

But when somebody gets banned its "why was ___ banned!?! Lets talk about it"

Keep the same energy, the problem was fixed, lets keep it moving.

Fuck your committee, dont ask me or the staff about any decisions being made. Just know it was fixed and we're keeping it moving.

ABW Court is canceled.

The whole oversight commission is way more of a spectacle than simply bringing the mod in question to court and demand accountability.

Court outcomes have ended with mods being banned and other decisions that didn't go in their favor

Let me take a stab at this:

BECAUSE MOST OF US DON'T GIVE A FUCK FOR REAL.

From what I see, there are maybe 3-5 people on here who actually have a REAL problem with how the mods or Goldie or whoever handles shit. That's it. The rest of us just like to pop into them 'Air our grievances' threads, laugh at niggas, make some jokes and pass the time. Maybe it's short-sighted of me, but I don't really see anything happening that needs large-scale upheaval or 'court' or whatever the fuck.

Admittedly, I barely be keeping up with where niggas beef stems from. But that's just it. Most of us just aren't that invested, to be taking time for trials and shit like that. It is what it is.

Some of y'all want it to be one way...but it's the other way. Accept it.

Let me take a stab at this:

BECAUSE MOST OF US DON'T GIVE A FUCK FOR REAL.

From what I see, there are maybe 3-5 people on here who actually have a REAL problem with how the mods or Goldie or whoever handles shit. That's it. The rest of us just like to pop into them 'Air our grievances' threads, laugh at niggas, make some jokes and pass the time. Maybe it's short-sighted of me, but I don't really see anything happening that needs large-scale upheaval or 'court' or whatever the fuck.

Admittedly, I barely be keeping up with where niggas beef stems from. But that's just it. Most of us just aren't that invested, to be taking time for trials and shit like that. It is what it is.

Some of y'all want it to be one way...but it's the other way. Accept it.
Well said and thank you for the response

Pure speculation but, why don't you think those 3-5 ppl would agree to taking their grieves to court, for the ppl, by the ppl?

Well said and thank you for the response

Pure speculation but, why don't you think those 3-5 ppl would agree to taking their grieves to court, for the ppl, by the ppl?

I dunno, man. Maybe they feel like those of us who don't give a fuck would side the mods. Or maybe they feel like that shouldn't be necessary to begin with. I'll say this though; shit seems deeper than rap. Like me personally, yeah I notice little differences in who is allowed to talk to people crazy and when and other little shit like that...but the shit just don't move me like that. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of it to warrant as big of a reaction as it's gotten. But every time I see it, my general thought is 'Dawg, so what. It ain't even that deep.'. But if a nigga is running with this off of principle, then it is what it is.

I dunno. Shit always seems unnecessary.

Last edited:
Please man, just merge all these carry over threads together.

Complain fest 2020

tenor.gif

But I thought the internet wasn't real? Simply put, a lot of people like to laugh at others but don't want to be laughed at. Transparency is wanted when they are not the victims. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. I guess this is really an escape for some people.

This is a multi-layered answer for me

1. It seems that the plaintiffs and defendants in these cases are largely repeats. The same people always being brought to trial...mods and regular posters.

2. Due to the repeat participants the site as a whole doesn't take the case seriously and treats it as an advanced form of a troll thread or an attempt to get an easy diamond thread and its reflected in the content posted in the thread.

3. Its just as younggun said...most of us are not really offended that deeply by other posters during disputes or "beefs"...its all entertainment...but if a REAL issue arises...it is usually brought to the powers that be behind the scenes as to avoid the fuckery and drama that can come along with grievances against another poster.

4. I decided to join the ABW Moderator Oversight Committee in an attempt to possibly move the site forward and to hopefully cut down on the spillover of all the back and forth that can happen between posters and/or mods to other threads that can ruin or dampen the experience of the board for some posters.

This is a multi-layered answer for me

1. It seems that the plaintiffs and defendants in these cases are largely repeats. The same people always being brought to trial...mods and regular posters.

2. Due to the repeat participants the site as a whole doesn't take the case seriously and treats it as an advanced form of a troll thread or an attempt to get an easy diamond thread and its reflected in the content posted in the thread.

3. Its just as younggun said...most of us are not really offended that deeply by other posters during disputes or "beefs"...its all entertainment...but if a REAL issue arises...it is usually brought to the powers that be behind the scenes as to avoid the fuckery and drama that can come along with grievances against another poster.

4. I decided to join the ABW Moderator Oversight Committee in an attempt to possibly move the site forward and to hopefully cut down on the spillover of all the back and forth that can happen between posters and/or mods to other threads that can ruin or dampen the experience of the board for some posters.

What powers does the committee have exactly? I asked in the other thread but no-one answered.......maybe you can shed some light @BDP™️

From what I gather If a poster has an issue with the actions of a moderator

we will examine the actions of the moderator to ensure there was no foul play or abuse of privileges

If we find there is foul play or abuse involved then that mod gets a strike...after so many strikes that mod can have some of their responsibility stripped or "demoted" to a lesser mod.

basically we are "Policing the Police" if you will

Back