Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why I think Lil Yachty current run is important for young and old heads

You keep pushing the 40 yr thing like it matters what age you are to have the opinion that yachty is tra.... He's not for everyone

It's clear as day he has some level of talent in terms of conceptualizing a record but rap would not miss any little influence he has garnered if he stopped making music this afternoon

You in one thread shitting on Nas who has reinvented himself over the past five years while championing this tra.... Artist who has a very niche audience

Tl;Dr just cause Drake outsources some songs to him doesn't mean this "run" is significant

This is interesting.

Maybe Yachty would make a better executive producer than rapper? Like No I.D., minus the actual producing of records. Essentially, helping niggas with concepts, the overall sound of the record, melodies, visuals, and overall artist style.

This is actually amazing to see man. Appreciate you for commenting this because I thought I was the only one that was gonna mention and see that here.

He still is not a good rapper, but you can definitely see what studying hip hop greats has done for him and his confidence.
It's important for other youngins and older rappers to see this as well because I think this can spark some good change with creatives and as a community as a whole.

Too much ignorance and closedmindess from both age groups.

Has he said hes been studying the greats??? Fair play if so... Still I wont be going out my way listen to him lol

I think he has grown as an artist, but he still has a lot of work to do. Honestly, I think people can recognize and applaud the effort in good faith. But once y'all start championing his mediocrity, his growth will likely be stunted lol. Let him improve, but don't declare him to have a "run." He has yet to even have an objectively smash record. Broccoli was the closest but that was Dram's record. But I'll give credit, I think he smoked DDG on that record they had 🤷🏾‍♂️

As for the influence, I don't think he has enough star power to have real influence. Marketing can make him seem hot since he can be posted everywhere and stand next to Drake, but I never came across any kids that give a damn about what lil boat thinks.

This is interesting.

Maybe Yachty would make a better executive producer than rapper? Like No I.D., minus the actual producing of records. Essentially, helping niggas with concepts, the overall sound of the record, melodies, visuals, and overall artist style.
Yes

If you heard the reference tracks that were leaked during the beef, those songs aren't good the way yachty performed them but Drake's version is actually a good song cause he knows where to fill in some of the gaps or give the track the seasoning it needs

Back