Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why Don't You Date Outside Your Race?

Only dated out of the race once. He was white /Pakistani. We dated freshman and sophomore year of high school but he broke up with me cause I wouldn't give him any.

He's a doctor now, married to a black chick with one on the way.

My father told me long ago that no other race would understand or respect me as much as a black man would. White men in particular would only be into black women for the novelty of it /just to say they did it.

I wished he would've warned me that ain't shitness comes in all races.

No regrets though. I couldn't see myself dating anything my but own now. And only a strong black man could handle being with me.
Great post.

The bolded is a fundamental truth. They're still men, they're capable of all the shit that men as well as non-black people often do to us.

IMO it's partly why the people who date out as a response to grievances within their race are more likely to end up in problematic interracial relationships. They are projecting positive character traits onto an entire race that isn't even theirs.

As with anything pursued with unhealthy motivation, it rarely has the desired outcome. I truly doubt that the people who say "white men treat me better" "white women are more outdoorsy", or "Asian women are more submissive" are in healthy relationships.

I think that's amped up even more when someone hasn't had much exposure to other races. If they haven't grown up around or observed different groups at length, they might be more susceptible to having the wool pulled over their eyes.

Was debating whether to comment seeing I'm a lighter shade of brown.
TBH I'm not scared of pink dick because if your a light skin brotha chances are it's pink.
I haven't dated in a longgg time but if I did I wouldn't necessarily look at color.
I personally don't date white dudes but I can't say I never would.
You can conflict with any race over religious beliefs. I don't blame it on color.
I'm Latina but I'm not catholic like most would think (stereo type)
It's deeper for me. ( Goals, Beliefs, Desires, Financially Stable or at least heading somewhere) #1reason ❤️...
ALighterShadeOfBrown...

Well my ex was light skinned mix and it was pink and no it didn't make me cringe.

I prefer woman of color, though I feel regardless of who you marry, the road from dating to marriage would/should serve as a vetting process for a mate who you feel will love you and the children you may have together unconditonally regardless of race or ethnic background.

My only what I would consider "real" relationship was with a Samoan. Race honestly never came up plus we were young (early 20s) so all we were concerned with doing was drinking, working bullshit jobs to pay for the alcohol, and fuckin.

I'd date another non-black person of color long as you ain't racist. White idk about. Case by case basis.
*shrug*

Nah. Like bne i can find everything in black women. I cant talk about white folks and my girl is white too. I can maybe do a different culture but not a different race.

I prefer woman of color, though I feel regardless of who you marry, the road from dating to marriage would/should serve as a vetting process for a mate who you feel will love you and the children you may have together unconditonally regardless of race or ethnic background.

Dont know how much exposure you have to other races and cultures...but you are about to get a lot with you joining the Navy bruh. Navy was the first time I ever had LENGTHY exposure to other cultures and races because they were my co-workers.

I know its cliche as fuck...but we are aall literally the same. White, black hispanic, asian...you name it. This experience challenged and debunked a lot if biases I had bro...some i didnt even know were there.

But to answer the OP....I thought about it....never pulled the trigger.

Was debating whether to comment seeing I'm a lighter shade of brown.
TBH I'm not scared of pink dick because if your a light skin brotha chances are it's pink.
I haven't dated in a longgg time but if I did I wouldn't necessarily look at color.
I personally don't date white dudes but I can't say I never would.
You can conflict with any race over religious beliefs. I don't blame it on color.
I'm Latina but I'm not catholic like most would think (stereo type)
It's deeper for me. ( Goals, Beliefs, Desires, Financially Stable or at least heading somewhere) #1reason ❤️...
ALighterShadeOfBrown...
this read like a blog post

Back