Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why Don't You Date Outside Your Race?

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Interesting conversation I watched yesterday.

If you don't, why don't you?

If you do, have you noticed any differences? Describe your experiences if you can.

LOL.

I've dated outside my race before and have mentioned in another thread. We had contrasting views when it came to cultural, community issues at times. It would cause arguments. Uhhh...holiday dinners were different (disgusting). We also got occasional stares in public, which became annoying. He was still a man knoumsayen? Just did not work out.

Seriously tho, having that experience just showed me there's nothin else better for me other than another black man.

I have before but not cuz I set out to. the particular 1s I dated were cool. not much to report seeing as I didnt select them for their non-blackness.

I will say that dating 'out' is a hassle cuz no matter how progressive or well intentioned, in most cases they r still gonna be tone-deaf to to certain things. Any of the qualities I like in an individual non-black man, can be found in a black man. except with a black man, I'm less likely to have to explain shit. That could be avoided if you date non-black people of color but even they can be on some bullshit sometimes.

On a more superficial note, it doesnt take many generations for blackness to filter out of a bloodline. I'd prefer black descendants.

It was worthy of 3 years of ur life ..... more than u ever gave a nigga.

There you go assuming...

Sometimes ppl get comfortable in a situation. Sometimes ppl settle. Dont act like these examples aren't reality and some of common folk don't fall victim.

And I said longest consecutive, not longest and most time spent.:mf!:

I got about til 1pm Central time to fight today. Wit yo speculatin, assumin', matta fact'n, DMV head ass.

i don't think i could, but i wouldn't be against it if there was a mutual natural attraction....

this is all hypothetical of course.....

in my early 20's there were a few white chicks i was kinda attracted to, but i just never had it in me to push up to them

No thank you.

I prefer African men and do not entertain Vanilla guys in that manner.
I am cool with a lot of them but I am not attracted to them sexually. I see nothing they can offer me that my own don't do better.

I personally couldn't do it. There's religious reasons why I won't get onto without getting off on a tangent, but the cultural differences are too vast to look past. And our society is steeped in racism, i dont have the patience to deal with it and the subconscious biases.

that also....

i don't have the patience for that shit...

my temper is too quick to have extra negative attention on me solely for rocking with a white girl....

my skin is thick....but i still can go 0-100 like it's nothing

Only dated out of the race once. He was white /Pakistani. We dated freshman and sophomore year of high school but he broke up with me cause I wouldn't give him any.

He's a doctor now, married to a black chick with one on the way.

My father told me long ago that no other race would understand or respect me as much as a black man would. White men in particular would only be into black women for the novelty of it /just to say they did it.

I wished he would've warned me that ain't shitness comes in all races.

No regrets though. I couldn't see myself dating anything my but own now. And only a strong black man could handle being with me.

Back