Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why do we have to forgive people?

some of yall need to forgive yourselves

get that hate out your heart

:hahaha:
Nah man no hate

Im sure the people who don't forgive are doing ok in life and don't need people from jump, let alone feel pressed to forgive an unprovoked violation

It's easier explained with the example of debt. You owe something. The person you owe can choose to forgive you which means, they saying you no longer owe. That's the concept, but obviously, it applies no just in the context of money.
Now you can't really forgive someone who thinks they didn't cause you harm in the case where they truly did, and neither can you, on behalf of another person, forgive someone else who didn't cause harm to you, rather to another person. But it's kinda part of our own debt (aka we "supposed to") to forgive people when they admit when they messed up, who want your forgiveness, and who also had an apparent change of heart about whatever offense they caused to you. Whether that helps you sleep at night or not is a matter ofconscience. But if you talking about morally, then yes you supposed to based on the golden rule.

Last edited:
Lmao imagine someone fucking me over and me apologizing or forgiving.

There's people from middle school that can still eat a bag of baby dicks with aids in it.

Do to others as you want done to you......

We all need forgiveness so give forgiveness when it's called for.

Not rocket science.

But you need the Holy Spirit to accomplish this task.

Amen.

I had beef with my moms cause of a lot of past and present shit. But when I had kids and I realize the love I have for my kids. And what my mom did to my siblings and I. I realize that she was just some chick that had kids. Not only that, she was a chick that had kids wit my father..and they grey up in the 60’s, and went through alot of shit. Off the strength of that I was able to say, you know what, ion agree with how you are and sometimes who you are. But I forgive you for how and who you are, you are just who you are, you just happen to be my mother. It help me let that shit go and move on.

And same wit my father, nigga called me on Father’s Day crying and shit about not being a good dad..I’m like my nigga I’m past that, I’m a grown ass man, ion need a daddy no more I’m good..you good, happy Father’s Day to you too.

Idk who that is.

tenor.gif

Forgiving is more for your mental benefit. If you grew up in the church like me...then it's more about saving your soul, and getting into heaven

I may forgive...but I'm definitely not forgettin

I do it because I don't have the time to spend it takes to think about why i don't forgive them. I also have much better funner things to think about. And I know some might say "it's not something I think about". Yes it is, every time you see that person, hear their name, something else that reminds you of them pops us, they waft into your mind from the abyss of neglected thoughts.... and then you think about how you don't forgive them or why you shouldn't. It's much better when all those things happen you can just go meh, idgaf I'm over it, and move onto more exciting things.

Back