Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why do we have to forgive people?

I see a lot of people say especially in our 30s that you need to forgive people for wronging you because holding on to it can hurt you. I get it but I feel like just because I don’t forgive somebody does not mean I’m so ill holding on to what they did or that it’s weighing me down. I don’t feel like not liking somebody is just going to feel you with negative energy.

There is forgiving people for trivial shit then there is forgiving people for monumental shit goes without saying.. petty shit needs to be discarded..

maxresdefault.jpg

nope. Not me.

Also it cool to try and understand a person and where they are coming from due to the past traumas in their life up until a point.

I think it’s less about forgiveness and more about letting go, with the thought process being you can’t let shit go without forgiveness. I guess some people can, I had to forgive to let go.

1. Sometimes the person doesn't know how bad they hurt you. I mean, they could do something that seems trivial that has a long lasting effect on your life. So you might think to yourself, "I'll never forgive him/her". But they don't even realize what they did or how it effected you.

2. I know if I did something to somebody I'd want them to forgive me.

3. Some things are unforgivable.

Back