Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why did kendrick stop making music

section.80
good kid maad city
to pimp a butterfly
untitled unmastered
damn
black panther soundtrack

kendrick held yall down for six summers, damn. where's the love?

“And I'm just not impressed by you niggas rapping fast/Who sound like one big asthma attack but trash when I'm rapping it back/Who you put in your top five and claim they the savior of rap”

KRIT, Spitta, Drake, Cole, Gibbs >>>> Kendrick

And btw Game still the best rapper from Compton.

Its between Game,Kendrick and Dj quik

I fuck a Kendrick heavy. But for him to be one of the bigger voices in urban music. For us as a people to experience what we been experiencing and for certain artists to be quiet just bc they dont have a project to promote is kinda fucked up. I dont mean that for just k.dot, but for a few of them. I know we not supposed to look to entertainers as leaders, but they know these kids look up to them. As does the culture

6106868.jpg 1313206799001.png

tumblr_n61llhWCWJ1rvsfh9o6_500.gifv

Stop making excuses for Kendrick. If it was anyone else, y'all would be shitting on them

He's overrated. Drake and J. Cole are better. Cole and Drake both put out way more music and their shit is always good. Neither of them have bad tapes. Kendrick has 2 good tapes.

Y’all fiending for the Alien voice? Lol
I fucks w KDot heavy but he one of those artists if he drops he drops I’m listening

if not I ain’t even thinking bout him

I got K.R.I.T. and Cole in my top three right now and my preference is that K.R.I.T. and Kendrick tied for the #1 and Cole sits at 3. So if you got those 2 over him.. no questions to be asked.

But c'mon really

Especially Aubrey

Drake’s catalog is too long. Kendrick is not fucking with him.

If niggas gonna say Kendrick dropped 4 straight classics, Gibbs damn near did as well well with Piñata, You Only Live 2wice, Bandana and Alfredo. And I’m taking those 4 over Kendrick’s four releases.

Spitta the most consistent in the game. Greatness tape after tape. Respect that man. His movement is greater than anything Kendrick got going. Jets Fool!✈️

And Game would rap circles around Kendrick. Documentary 2.5 best west coast album since Chronic 2001. Matter of fact, let’s do a Game vs Kendrick verzuz.

Drake’s catalog is too long. Kendrick is not fucking with him.

If niggas gonna say Kendrick dropped 4 straight classics, Gibbs damn near did as well well with Piñata, You Only Live 2wice, Bandana and Alfredo. And I’m taking those 4 over Kendrick’s four releases.

Spitta the most consistent in the game. Greatness tape after tape. Respect that man. His movement is greater than anything Kendrick got going. Jets Fool!✈

And Game would rap circles around Kendrick. Documentary 2.5 best west coast album since Chronic 2001. Matter of fact, let’s do a Game vs Kendrick verzuz.

niggas just be saying anything

Because Anderson.Paak is Dre's latest and greatest project.

Kids music is so good it writes itself.

Why work harder with one when the other takes minimal effort?

It really does suck when ur fav artists/bands slack with the output. I get the quality over quantity argument, I get that artists need time and space, that maybe they're suffering through writers block, but it can still easily be missed opportunity.

Just look back at the 70's, all those hot soul, funk and rock albums coming out year after year. If the greats back then were waiting 3 - 4 years between albums there'd be absolute classics missing from their discographies.

With that said, most of those artists were locked into contracts that forced a more prolific output. So as great as it is for us as listeners, it isn't quite so free for the artists.

Last edited:

didn't royce or somebody say Kendrick wasn't available for collabs because he was busy recording?

Why didn't Jay Elec release Act 2? Why didn't MF DOOM release DOOMSTARKS? Why did Prince pull The Black Album?

like at some point you gotta accept that genius niggas are weirdos lol
If that's the case he could've put a ep out in between albums. Anyone that's hording music is weird to me. That shits gonna sit and become dated and be a waste. Nas does this too. 25 unreleased joints with AZ and people been asking for a album from them since phone tap. Plus putting the music out is money in your pocket why sit on it especially when studio time and beats aren't free.

I get the impression it’s something to do with taking religion a bit more serious but I could be way off

Nas Pac Scarface Cube and more as far we talking GOAT
Nas now doesn't have the tenacity Kendrick has now if an album dropped today
Pac dead
Face retired
Cube was hot in the 90s although he still spits when was the last time someone got excited when Cube said he dropping..

There are NO current-day rappers that stand to challenge

Back