Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why 99% of Albums Today are forgettable

A lot of options, and time is valuable so I just won't be listening to disect as much stuff now. Also for me, I have actual memories and feelings associated with songs/albums that came out back in the day so that's why I listen to older stuff before giving new stuff a try. In the last 2 years, I have only listened to Mr Morale and Kings Disease whole album more than 3 times.

I think it's too much of business interfering with art now. That's why even songs that's considered trash from a lyrical standpoint like Playboy Carti While Lotta Red I respected just because it wasnt afraid to do something different or unique in this climate.

I'm hoping more lyrical rappers continue to try to push the envelope to help shape and grow hip hop so we can break free from this transactional quick tik tok streaming style of music.

basically they said its too much rap music coming out each week

^this. is why I understand this.....

I watched this the other day and I struggled because I dont like rap opinions from young whites.

Yeah there's probably a lil more stuff being released now, but it wasn't like 20+ years ago we were only getting 3 albums a month or something.

There was still a bunch of albums being released and mixtapes too. The big difference between then and now is accessibility.

Albums don't last now cuz they're trash. Simple.............. :js4:

That's why I very picky on what music I buy. For the whole year so far, I only brought 3 projects and those are the ones I still play today for the most part.

Need more gatekeeping

Not enough rappers work at UPS

but somebody buyin if they're able to make a livin right?

so are the folks supportin to blame?

but who are you to tell someone what they should like?

point is yall mf ain't even listenin to 99% of the albums that are dropped so this dumb shit is moot

Back