Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who's Succeeded/Failed From NXT to Main Roster Volume 4: Bayley

Has Bayley been a success or failure on the main roster?

• Success

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Failure

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BountyHunterRo

I’ve come to collect
2022 ABW Sexiest Male Poster
It's Bayley!!!!!!

Welcome to the fourth installment of this series. This next one is interesting depending on how you view Bayley. A homegrown NXT talent, her story on the gold brand was one of the most popular in NXT history. Many feared for her when she took the next step and headed to the main roster. She's has he ups and downs, but she's still there as the current Smackdown Women's Champion (prior to her MITB match with Tamina). How has her journey in WWE been? Let's take a look

NXT Highlights:

- Debuts in January 2013 at a live NXT event under a mask

- Debut on NXT TV in March, losing to Paige

- In June, adopted the doe-eyed fan girl character to her persona and lost to Ailcia Fox in the first round of the NXT Women's Championship tournament to crown its first champion

- Challenged Divas Champion AJ Lee on NXT in August in a title match but lost

- Got her first win, teaming with Charlotte Flair to defeat Fox ad Aksana in September

- Flair turned on Bayley and joined the BFFs (Beautiful, Fierce Females) and forced an brief alliance with Natayla Neidhart, then beat Sasha Banks in signals and tag team matches

- Lost to Banks in the first round of a tournament for the vacant NXT Women's Championship in May 2014, but pinned Banks in a match after the tournament to become the number one contender to the title

- Lost to champion Charlotte Flair at Takeover: Fatal 4 Way in September and again in October in the rematch

- Teamed with Flair in a feud with Banks and Becky Lynch and suffered a knee injury in November at the hands of Banks and Lynch

- Returned in January 2015 to help Flair vs Lynch and Banks, but attacks Flair as well

- Competes at Takeover: Rival for the NXT Women's Title but loses in a Fatal 4 Way Match in February

- Teams with Charlotte at Takeover: Unstoppable in May to defeat Dana Brooke and Emma

- Defeated Lynch and Flair in separate matches in August to become the number one contender to Sasha Banks's NXT Women Championship

- Defeats Banks at Takeover: Brooklyn in August to become the new NXT Women's Champion and wins the rematch at Takeover: Respect in October in a 30 min Ironman Match

- Feuded with Alexa Bliss, Eva Marie, Nia Jax, and Carmella as champion

-Lost the title to Asuka at Takeover: Dallas in April 2016 and the rematch on NXT in August (her final NXT match)

Main Roster Highlights:

- Made her PPV debut as Sasha Banks's partner at the Battleground PPV in July, defeating Dana Brooke and Charlotte Flair

- Made her official Main Roster debut on Raw in August, At Clash of Champions the next month, she was unsuccessful in a triple threat match for the Raw Women's title involving Banks and Flair (the champion)

- Beat Dana Brooke at the Hell In A Cell PPV in October and was part of the Raw Women's Team at Survivor Series in November, which Raw won

- Defeated Nia Jax in January 2017 to become the number one contender to Charlotte's Raw Women's title, but Bayley lost the match at the Royal Rumble

- Defeated Flair for the Raw Women's Title on Raw in February and retained the championship vs Flair at Fastlane in March

- Retained her title in a Fatal 4 Way elimination match at Wrestlemania 33 in April vs Flair, Banks and Jax

- Lost the title to Alexa Bliss at the Payback PPV in late April and lost the rematch to Bliss at Extreme Rules in June in a Kendo Stick On A Pole Match

- Won another number one contenders match in July and was to face Bliss at Summerslam but suffered a legit shoulder injury and did not compete in the match

- Returned in September but lost at No Mercy in a Fatal Five Way match that featured her, Jax, Banks, Emma and Bliss (champion)

- Was part of Team Raw for the women's Survivor Series match but was eliminated by Tamina

- In 2018, competed in the first ever Women's Royal Rumble as the 29th entrant but was quickly eliminated by Banks

- Was part of the firs ever Women's Elimination Chamber in February but was eliminated by the eventual winner, Alexa Bliss

- Feuded with Banks after she eliminated Banks in a Women's Battle Royal on Wrestlemania's preshow in April

- Her and Banks would brawl which would result in them going to counselor meetings to try to mend their friendship (shrugs)

- They reconciled and became toe Boss 'N Hug Connection and won the inaugural Women's Tag Team Titles at the Elimination Chamber PPV in February 2019

- Lost the Titles to the IIconics (Peyton Royce and Billie Kay) at Wrestlemania 35 in April

- Drafted to Smackdown weeks later. Won the MITB Ladder Match at the MITB PPV in May and cashed the briefcase in later that night successfully, beating Flair to win the Smackdown Women's title, making her the first woman to win both Raw and Smackdown Women's Titles

- Successfully defended her title vs Alexa Bliss at Stomping Grounds in June, in a handicap match vs Bliss and Nikki Cross at Extreme Rules and at Summerslam vs Ember Moon in August

- Turned heel in September on Raw, helping Sasha Banks to attack Becky Lynch

- Defeated Charlotte Flair at Clash of Champions later in September but lost her title to Flair at the HIAC PPV in October

- In October on Smackdown, she debuted a new look which she had her signature pony tail cut off and she cut her inflatable tube men from her entrance. She defeated Flair to win her second Smackdown Women's Title

- Defeated Lacey Evans at the Royal Rumble in January 2020 and Naomi at Super Showdown in February to retain her title

- Retained her title at Wrestlemania 36 in April in a 6 pack Elimination Match vs Banks, Evans, Tamina, Dana Brooke, and Naomi

- Set to defend her title vs Tamina at MITB soon

So there it is. Bayley has had quite the career. Has she been a success or failure on the main roster?

She started of on the failure side, went a few years with bad booking and a trash title reign. Over the last year or so her career has turned around so I think I can put her in the successful category

She started of on the failure side, went a few years with bad booking and a trash title reign. Over the last year or so her career has turned around so I think I can put her in the successful category

I agree with this. She’s been taking much more seriously since that horrible “this is your life” segment she did with bliss which was the worst segment in wwe history. She had a good 2019 and a nice 2020 thus far

If that Smackdown reign is a success I must be high as fuck. Yeah she got the belt but NOBODY gives a fuck. We all care more about Sasha taking it off of her so for the time being compared to the other girls she came with, she been a dud. I'm going with failure, a boring title run in 2020 doesn't change a thing.

tumblr_olcnv7WB5Z1tkh4pio1_500.png

tumblr_pnclnqDKXF1rmv1vdo1_540.png

tumblr_pz8oxsUdKK1rmv1vdo1_400.gifv

Just because you hold a lot of titles don't mean anything especially when none of them reigns are memorable, you got jobbed out by Alexa Bliss for dang near a whole year, tapped out at Survivor Series when it was a champions 3 way, and have been treated as the stepchild of the Horsewomen.

She has been booked horribly and should be way more than she is atm. With that said she's in the middle. Like I can't say she's been a complete failure...but I also can't really say she's been a success

Failure.... everything about Bayley is average .....her in ring work,her promos etc etc....sure she was Raw&SD &tag champion but Bayley has been booked as the weak link of the Four horsewomen.... maybe a serious feud wit Banks will change my opinion.

Failure.... everything about Bayley is average .....her in ring work,her promos etc etc....sure she was Raw&SD &tag champion but Bayley has been booked as the weak link of the Four horsewomen.... maybe a serious feud wit Banks will change my opinion.
She hasn't been booked worse than Sasha

Back