Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Kendrick or Cole?

test

Rate "Black Air Forces"

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.

Houston and Atlanta two completely different cities when it comes to the music culture/scene

Also Sauce Walka and them shooting up Trae Day and the fallout from that was a much bigger blow to the Houston
music scene than Drake not helping artist

Who is he supposed to help out here anyway? Houston music fell off so hard and it hurts my heart to say that smh

Last edited:
Houston and Atlanta two completely different cities when it comes to the music culture/scene

Also Sauce Walka and them shooting up Trae Day and the fallout from that was a much bigger blow to the Houston M
music scene than Drake not helping artist

Who is he supposed to help out here anyway? Houston music fell off so hard and it hurts my heart to say that smh
"Sauce made valid points"

I think he does too

I'm just saying the dynamics and how things work in Houston vs Atlanta are completely

Atlanta is much more unified on the music tip than Houson
Agreed

My only counter to this is, Sauce was trying to unify Houston when he wasn't on the fuck shit which he openly acknowledged, however, his efforts to unifying Houston should've been in tandem with Drake helping put Houston artists out like he's done for other regions

I'm sure if the question was reversed, the answer would be he's blocking Drake because "it's what the culture is feeling" 🥴

If Kendricks so called musical assault on Drake was as historically devastating as people are pretending it to be, wouldn't this be the right response from Drake?

Worth a read:

Oddly enough, the attempt to define him as a colonizer overlooks how Black people in the United States often believe that our Blackness is superior to that of other Black people, itself a colonial view that is far more problematic than anything of which Drake might be accused. And given that Canada offered a prominent pathway to freedom for those who escaped American slavery, it is utterly bizarre to paint Drake as somehow alien or an enemy of hip-hop because he is Canadian and not from Compton or Detroit.

At a Trump rally in Charlotte, N.C., a white female commentator sought to remind Black Americans that Harris “is not one of you.” Lamar’s “Not Like Us” is unfortunately propelled by much the same limiting racial logic. As we fight to expel the racially troubling ideas and mischaracterizations Trump and Vance voice about Kamala Harris, Black folk must be careful not to permit those very same ideas in through the back door of our culture.

stop-it-get-some-help.gif

Back