Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Who Was The Greatest Joker?

Greatest Joker?

• Jack Nicholson

• Heath Ledger

• Joaquin Phoenix

Results are only viewable after voting.
Heath is the best but Jack & Phoenix did their thing. I truly believe had he not died Heath Ledger would still be playing Joker in some form to this day.
He'd have likely turned up in Rises. His death derailed Nolan's original plans from what I've read. In the end Nolan wanted no mention or reference of Joker in the film in respect to Ledger.

He'd have likely turned up in Rises. His death derailed Nolan's original plans from what I've read. In the end Nolan wanted no mention or reference of Joker in the film in respect to Ledger.
I think I read originally the court scene where Crane was the judge was originally supposed to be Ledger.

Fuck outta here with this Mark Hamill bullshit. A LARGE part of what makes the joker the joker is physical. So for ME, that removes any voice actor niggas from the conversation.

It's really hard to choose because they were each going for very different things and trying to play 3 very different jokers. But if I had to choose...Ledger.

I love all of these choices including Mark Hamil's version. All three are distinctly different but they all feel like real renditions of the character and different periods in what would have been the character would be like. If I had to rank them though

Mark Hamil
Heath Ledger
Jack
Joaquin

Hamil
Phoenix
Nicholson
Ledger

I'm going to rewatch The Dark Knight again, even though I have seen it a few times, because I really don't think Ledger's Joker was anything special. I wonder if his death led to a campaign to immortalize him in some capacity. The Dark Knight was that role they choose to immortalize him with. A great portrayal for sure, but not better than the origin story we get from Phoenix.

Hamill
Ledger
Nicholson

I wouldn’t knock anyone for putting Nicholson over Ledger because he was the more comic book and cartoon accurate of the bunch. However, Ledger was deep in his bag on that portrayal which was so far off than anything we anticipated.

Back